iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kinda sad!!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, July 26, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

When i left for work at 3:30 this am a nice beagale dog was setting on my lawn in the rain! Got out to check him out, no collar or tags! Came home at 5:00pm he waswaiting for me! Went for a ride with him, no owner found! called buddy in next town over , he aseen add innstore for him! Just gave him back to owner!  Kinda wish i hada dog like him!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its gotta make you feel good to help the little feller find his home.

But I know what you are saying.....You miss him don't you? It shore don't take long to fall in love with a dog!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

The facts seem to be that he trusted you with his future and it is nice to hear that his faith was well founded.  You went the extra mile to do the right thing.  You are a good man.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

A very good man.  I love my beagle. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WmFritz

I haven't had one for many years but, I've always had a fondness for beagles. It was a very nice thing you did to reunite him with his owner.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Best dog I had was a beagle. His name was Hercules. That dog hunted rats around the barn for so many years, he wore out all his teeth chewing through roots.
I still miss him and all the other stray dogs we had. :) Nothing like a country dog!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SPIKER

Beagles are usually VERY loyal dogs to people and more so to their masters/owners.   My brother always had one or more and often hunted with them.

Mine now is really great (Husky Lab mix) smart and stunning good looking dog.   never messes in house or eats / tears up anything.   Hes 6 now and starting to have a few issues he gets grumpy when the squirrel teases him for sure lol.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

sandhills

Dogs really do have a way of pulling at your heart, never had a beagle before but also never had a dog I didn't love.  Dad had an old, mostly blind/deaf dog show up at the farm a few years ago.  He had obviously been a loved and cared for dog, we never could find his owner or where he came from and one time I had to drive 2 miles away into the middle of the neighbors corn field to retrieve him, I know he was trying to find his way home but had been sitting out there all day.  The next time he disappeared was his last, saw the vultures circling and found him a few hundred yards from the house out in the pasture, he was a very gentle and trusting dog just never could figure where he came from.

timberlinetree

Really like reading all your posts about helping out!if every one was like you woodhauler the world would be a much nicer place!great job!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

drobertson

Good job, it still amazes me how far these lil fellows will go when they follow the nose, glad to hear he is back home,  you might keep an eye out, an neighbor friend of mine has one,  about two miles on the other side of the river, brought him back several times, it did take awhile before Joe kept him tethered,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

Good man, Woodhauler.
I saw a beagle/basset advertised needing a home by a certain date here locally and went and adopted him. He doesn't bother the cat, let's me know when he needs out and is my best buddy, so that's his name, Buddy.
It baffles me to this day how such a great dog wound up in the pound and can honestly say that it had better be a really, really good story for someone to get their dog back.
I wish that I was as great as my dog thinks I am!

Allan

Den Socling

ahh! Miss our Rosebud but don't miss cleaning her ears!

LAZERDAN

I wish that I was as great as my dog thinks I am!

JUSTALLEN1
    Wow I wish i would of come up with that, I know xactly what you mean.

I see you don't have one of thoes little sayings under your posts (I don't know what you call the "personal quote line" somebody help me out) Well if you don,t may I steal it from you?                   Lazerdan

Den Socling

Lazerdan, I don't know who said that first but it's been around for awhile. And it's so true.

justallan1

It's not my saying but it sure is truthful, so feel free to. I just recently saw it on a poster on facebook.

Allan

drobertson

Allan, no doubt dogs always see the best in us, they are the optimist of optimist for sure, but a good home is something that brings it in, aye,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

We "adopted" a mastiff from some close friends of ours when we moved out of town, these are very nice people who love their animals but we were told that you "have to warm up to her and give her time, she's really shy".  Well, within about 2 minutes we fell in love with her and her with us, in our circle of friends everyone knew this dog and they can't believe it's the same one.  Did the same thing with one of their horses, even our farrier couldn't believe it was him.  David I think you nailed, guess our pets seem to be more family than pets.

moosehunter

one of my favorite dog sayings;
" the more people I meet, the more I love my dog"
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!