iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old pine

Started by slider, July 26, 2013, 07:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Just a little quartered sawed pine beams from an old church.I stayed with the band after hitting a few nails so the surface is a bit rough but it's going through the planer so we chose not to trash another band.Someone is going to have a fine set of cabinets .Some of this wood had much tighter grain but the pitch was not as prominent as these.

al glenn

Klicker

Dig out the nails before planing
2006 LT 40 HD

thecfarm

That does look some pretty.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Amazing.  I can smell it from here. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

It is very obvious why the $$$ are in those reclaimed beams.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

That really is some purty pine. 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Slider these are some great pictures and lumber. I'm like Danny.....you can almost smell them!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WoodenHead

That is beautiful stuff! 

WDH

Wait till you get that big planer going, then some chips will fly, for sure.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

francismilker

Are those boards wet, or is that just pitch in em'?  Talk about starting a campfire!   Some really awesome, straigh-grained wood that I've rarely seen in my lifetime. 

It always does me good to see some old lumber that is better, stronger, and clearer than the most high-dollar stuff you can buy at the lumber yard these days.  That's definately "D" grade pine in my books.
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

customsawyer

That is some good looking stuff. I would be careful around there with any cigar. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

drobertson

Quote from: customsawyer on July 27, 2013, 01:29:36 AM
That is some good looking stuff. I would be careful around there with any cigar. ;D
My thoughts as well, man the pitch in those are real!   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!