iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

constant pain.

Started by Woodhauler, July 24, 2013, 09:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Have had pain in my right hip now for 3-4 months. It is getting to the point that i can't sleep much at night. A few ibreproferen was working but now that isn't cutting it now. Maybe time to see the doc!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

clww

Go to a chiropractor. Helped me out tremendously the past 7+ years.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ernie

Quote from: clww on July 24, 2013, 09:11:11 PM
Go to a chiropractor. Helped me out tremendously the past 7+ years.

I'll second that, mine has changed my life. Got another appointment tomorrow afternoon.  It's well worth the drive into town.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

kderby

Let us know how you find progress.  Some of the solution is living with it.  I had surgery micro-discectomy, it was a superb outcome.  Life lurches forward.  There are days when the pain starts again and I am scared to live with that kind of pain.  I had a bulged disk and Chiropracter was adequate for years.  Like any other mechanical part...better to get a needed repair done than to limping along on baling twine and duct tape.   

It is worth it.  The stress of the hurt causes other problems in work and personal relationships.

KD

Busy Beaver Lumber

First step is to make sure there is nothing doctors can do to correct whatever is causing the pain, and if so , get it corrected.

If it winds up being chronic, as in the case of my spinal pain and permanent nerve damage, then consult a pain management doctor. Took my wife a while to convince me to go to one, but I am glad now that i did. In a lot less pain and enjoying life a whole lot more since i did
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

BradMarks

Woodhauler:  Probably time to see the doc. Not all, but the cause of most hip pain is the lower spine, compression of the nerves, specifically the sciatic.  I'm no expert, but I too had the procedure kderby refers to.  Successful in my opinion, certainly not perfect. You do not mention lower leg pain so you may be early enough that therapy through stretching and such will work.  Your own pain threshold will be the determining factor when "real" decisions need to be made.  Good luck.

Raider Bill

Has anyone tried an inversion table? I've been considering one but hate to end up with something else to throw clothes on.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

doctorb

Where is the pain located?  Is it in the front, like in your groin?  Is it in the side, like where you'd give somebody a hip check?  Or is it in the back, like in your butt?

Front = hip joint arthritis

Side = Greater trochanteric bursitis

Back = Lumbar spine issues.

So the chiropractor can certain hekp with back issues.  The bursitis takes time, anti-inflamatories and often a shot to get better.  Hip arthritis won't get much relief from a chiropractor.  See an orthopaedic surgeon for that.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Woodhauler

Quote from: doctorb on July 25, 2013, 12:19:39 PM
Where is the pain located?  Is it in the front, like in your groin?  Is it in the side, like where you'd give somebody a hip check?  Or is it in the back, like in your butt?

Front = hip joint arthritis

Side = Greater trochanteric bursitis

Back = Lumbar spine issues.

So the chiropractor can certain hekp with back issues.  The bursitis takes time, anti-inflamatories and often a shot to get better.  Hip arthritis won't get much relief from a chiropractor.  See an orthopaedic surgeon for that.
Pain seems to be mostly in the side of my hip, with some pain going down my leg.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

BradMarks

So you do have some leg pain - hamstring or calf?.  Any numbness in the foot?  I'd see a doctor.

doctorb

If the pain originates in the back of the hip (butt) and radiates down the back of your thigh past your knee, then it is originating in the lower spine, most likely.  If it originates on the outside of the hip, is worst after arising after sitting for a lengthy period, radiates down the side of the thigh and does not go below the knee, it's probably trochanteric bursitis.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

drobertson

woodhauler,  I had what sounds like the same thing, if not very similar, mine was spinal stenosis, from arthritis. Two rods and a rebuilt disk,  Been three months and kinda feeling better, no paralyzing stuff like before just real stiff in the lower loins, light stretching and walking has been my therapy.  I am thinking an mri might be in order,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Woodhauler

This may sound funny but today i put my work boots on for the first time in a long time and as of right now, no pain! May be not related but i'm liking it! I am wearing them tommorow too!

loggah

Aleve works better then ibuprophen!!!!  you will get used to pain as you get older!! :( :( arms,legs, back , any one who ever worked for a living has these problems !! i was once caught in my franklin winch driveshaft for over 2 hrs, basically arm wrestled my driveshaft for 2 hrs, thank God for torque converters!!!!! most pain now is relative to me,also learned a bunch of patience !! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jim_Rogers

I'm surprised that no one has told you to take your "Truck drivers wallet" out of your back pocket so you can sit properly in the driver's seat. 8) :D

I have heard before that this can be a problem with some drivers.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ken

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on July 31, 2013, 08:26:34 PM
I'm surprised that no one has told you to take your "Truck drivers wallet" out of your back pocket so you can sit properly in the driver's seat. 8) :D

Jim Rogers

I was thinking the same thing.  I've known a couple of people with back problems that were helped when they took the wallet out of their back pocket.  This problem is especially prevalent when the wallet is owned by a wealthy forest products truck driver.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Woodhauler

Quote from: Ken on August 01, 2013, 04:04:41 AM
Quote from: Jim_Rogers on July 31, 2013, 08:26:34 PM

Jim Rogers
Ain't carried a wallet in years! vNothing to put in it anyhow!
I was thinking the same thing.  I've known a couple of people with back problems that were helped when they took the wallet out of their back pocket.  This problem is especially prevalent when the wallet is owned by a wealthy forest products truck driver.

Ed_K

Aleve works great,unless your taking prescription meds for athritis also,then one cancels out the other.I've been suffering from back pain since 95 when I blew out a disk L 4-L-5 lower back.Back in apr I tried to pick up a piece of steel and hurt the same area again,by june it was burning down my right leg,when to doc and got a series of sterioid pills.It's getting better,but the arthritis is here to stay.Doc's love to say "aw your just getting old"  >:( .
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!