iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yellowstone

Started by NWP, July 22, 2013, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWP

We're headed to Yellowstone tomorrow morning. 3 days in the Grand Teton NP then 4 days in Yellowstone NP. Looking forward to the cooler temps there. I've heard it's a great trip. Going to try to take our kids whitewater rafting one day. Any other suggestions other than seeing the sights?  Not really into hiking but I'm taking some fishing poles with us.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

jdtuttle

Stop at the Firehole River for a swim. Center Loop Road, Yellowstone National Park, I lived in Bozeman Mt. for a few years & we used to go there after the bars closed. There are hot springs that flow into the river & lots of little pools to sit in. Nature's hot tub. If you like to fish, get a guide with a flat bottom river boat. My brother-in-law was a guide & it always amazed me how I only caught fish when I was with him.
jim
Have a great day

Chris Burchfield

Wife and I stayed in Cody, Wy when we went a few years ago.  The drive West into the park was just about as nice as the park.  We did get to see a mama bear and her cub by the lake.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

red

Www.Yellowstonenationalpark.com is 142 years old today
Country's Oldest Park
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Qweaver

We are going to stop in Yellowstone on our way back after Alaska.  Please post about your trip.  May give us some ideas.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Carson-saws

California has its good and bads like anywhere else but the Titans sound fantastic.  The Wife has be as a child but I have not.  I would like to take the train out of Chicago and run across that entire section of this beautiful country.  Maybe I'll surprise her one day. 
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

snowstorm

if you get any where near cody go to the buffalo bill historical center. and plan on most of the day there

pine

Quote from: Carson-saws on June 02, 2016, 09:42:03 PM
California has its good and bads like anywhere else but the Titans sound fantastic.  The Wife has be as a child but I have not.  I would like to take the train out of Chicago and run across that entire section of this beautiful country.  Maybe I'll surprise her one day.

Not sure of your reference to California but the Grand Teton's are not in California nor is Yellowstone.  Are you thinking of Yosemite?

Carson-saws

Forgot to mention taking the train part.  Would like to leave from Chicago to California but enroute stop at the Titans and where ever else the train route stops.  Seen this country many times from the air.  Drove to California twice but would like to take the train and be able to enjoy the views at "ground level".  Didn't mean to confuse and totally understand why it did. 
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

ppine

I have been going to Yellowstone since 1955. It is a great place, but it is being loved to death. May and Sept are the best months.  The crowds are large and wildlife jams have become a real problem. Get out an walk to see the real Yellowstone.

Cody is a wonderful place to visit. The WF Cody Museum is hard to beat. I like the Irma Hotel that he built as a place to have a few drinks and eat dinner.
Forester

Thank You Sponsors!