iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anybody else have to pull chewbacca out of the drain about once a month?

Started by hackberry jake, July 19, 2013, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

About once a month the drain will start clogging up and I get the coat hanger out and pull a large mass of black wadded up long hair out of the drain. My fiances hair isnt black, its just from shower gunk I guess. I am always the one that gets to do this chore, and then she gets to complain to me if there is a couple chest hairs on the bar of soap? Sometimes life doesnt make sense.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

grweldon

My wife has naturally very curly hair... almost afro curly... AND she sheds.  About once a month she has to clean out the sink drain so it will flow once again.  BTW, they make these really cool flexible plastic dohickeys just for the job.  You can get them at Walmart and they are inexpensive.  I think they come in a three pack.  I've never seen them before I saw her use one.  They work great!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Magicman

I have used these little strainers in our bathroom sinks for several years.

Remove the stopper and drop it in.

They are an Ace Hardware item and cost a couple of bucks.  Notice the captured hair.

She also used this one for the kitchen sink.

No more hair clogged drains.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: hackberry jake on July 19, 2013, 10:22:10 AM
My fiances hair isnt black, its just from shower gunk I guess.

Maybe the Mailman has black hair....while you're at work.  :o

Sorry Jake...as a Fire Investigator, I have to look at all angles.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

Maybe its not black hair? Maybe its normal hair thats been charred or covered in suit.... maybe its from a fire investigator? Hmmmm  ???

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: hackberry jake on July 19, 2013, 06:15:07 PM
Maybe its not black hair? Maybe its normal hair thats been charred or covered in suit.... maybe its from a fire investigator? Hmmmm  ???

NO. NO, NO.....I have not been in Are-can-saw in years.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

I wasnt saying anythink like that poston... guilty conscience?   :D

Leigh Family Farm

Anyone who is married has the same problem...

..the hair in the drain, not the Fire Inspector or Postman problem! :D ;D
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Norm

And anybody who is single has a different problem, make sure to date girls with the same color of hair.... :D

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

My wife's place had a drain that did the same thing. We had this place built and been here 13 years with no drain problems. So far.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ely

my wife has to clean the drain...its womans work. its her hair so its her work.

pasbonbasile

if you think that is bad, try having 700-800 hotel rooms with that same problem...and other problems with things plugging up...
thirteen- tractors, one combine, no mill yet. Looking for one. Used -to have a wm lt4hdg25
Update 9-27-15 now have WM LT40 Super Hyd. used (1996) but back into sawing. Mostly pine and oak.

Martha White Nelson

I have that awful chewy show up here, too!!!!  My daughter visits, and forgets him!!!!  I used to have to shave the bar of soap about once a week, until liquid soap in a pump bottle came out!!!!
Martha

Bibbyman

Mary just ran vinegar through the coffee maker to clean out the lime buildup.  I asked her to save it as I could still use it to clean rifle brass.  She commented that she dumps the hot vinegar down the kitchen sink to help clean it out.  That just might work.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!