iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've never tried Bacon and Fish together......

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 18, 2013, 10:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

nk14zp

Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have to admit Ian.....never heard of this but sounds worth trying!  :)

Jeff

We have a bakery just south of us in Clare that is actually becoming world famous. It is called Cops and Doughnuts and is owned by several law enforcement officers. They have a doughnut that is called "The Squealer". It is a Maple flavored glazed long john with two pieces of bacon in the frosting. I did try one and they are really good. :)

If you come to the pigroast from the south, it is worth a visit to staop and put your pin in the map, get your mugshot taken and have a doughnut.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

We make a visit to Clair each year, so it will be.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

I'm wondering if them swinefish squeal when you catch em.   huh-smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

RynSmith

At the risk of going off-topic: prosciutto wrapped halibut  8)  8)  8)

DanG

I've posted my bacon-wrapped oyster recipe before, but it has been a long time.  It's actually more a technique than a recipe I suppose.  It is really easy, too.  Cut some thin bacon into 3 pieces per strip, and roll up an oyster in each piece.  Secure with a toothpick and put them under the broiler for a few minutes.  Flip them over when the top gets done to let the other side brown.  If you line them up right, you can flip a whole row of them with a long knife. ;)  If you're lucky enough to shuck your own oysters, they need no seasoning beyond what nature gave them, but if you buy them by the pint they will need a little salt and pepper.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That sounds REAL good DanG....I'd add HOT SAUCE on them and I'm good to go!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on July 19, 2013, 08:13:42 AM
We have a bakery just south of us in Clare that is actually becoming world famous.

Now this is probably gonna sound stupid coming from a Southern Boy......but referring to doughnuts and a Town called Clare......we have a "Chocolate Aclare " down here. Is this where the name came from?

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

St Lawrence river shore dinner, 2 pounds of bacon in a shallow pan eaten any way you like but often in BLT sandwich followed by chunks of Northern Pike (fileted so the bones are removed) deep fried in the bacon grease followed by deep fried french toast topped with whiskey and maple syrup. DELICIOUS!
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

SwampDonkey

Had a hanker'n for some smoked oysters, so I got a couple cans and noticed a recipe for Oyster Rockefeller, plus I got a $1 off the price of the cans. I made the recipe. I've been tasting oysters all day....my goodness. Says 6 servings, but mine must be 3 in 1. :D ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ken

Everything is better with bacon but bacon wrapped scallops has to be one of my favorites. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

isawlogs

Des éclaires au chocolat.   Just so you know what they are. That translates to....  chocolat lightning.  No matter what you name them, man are they good fresh off the rack.   :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Quote from: Jeff on July 19, 2013, 08:13:42 AM
We have a bakery just south of us in Clare that is actually becoming world famous. It is called Cops and Doughnuts and is owned by several law enforcement officers. They have a doughnut that is called "The Squealer". It is a Maple flavored glazed long john with two pieces of bacon in the frosting. I did try one and they are really good. :)

If you come to the pigroast from the south, it is worth a visit to staop and put your pin in the map, get your mugshot taken and have a doughnut.

Best donut I've ever had.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SPIKER

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 18, 2013, 10:30:28 PM
but it might taste good.

Hum, that has to be a good photo editing job, that fish seems like it might be a bit too much PORK like lol scuba-smiley digin_2 musteat_1 smiley_chef_hat

I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!