iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This helps a little......but it does help.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 18, 2013, 08:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hot temps.( mid 90's )....high humidity......NO breeze.......makes sawing brutal this week under a tin roof.

I saw until 3pm and shut it down until the next day.
I have no power in my shed but started, today, using my power box to run a fan.
It absolutely DOES NOT cool the place down but when I take a break for a bottle of water or a Sundrop,
the fan does help cool me down and build a little energy back up. I'm able to saw a few more BF with the help of this setup.
But I'm telling ya.....we don't even have a breeze on these hot, humid days.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

GDinMaine

I feel your pain.  I was sawing for a customer yesterday out in the open. Sun beating down, 85F and barely a little breeze and quite humid.  I was happy to get the job finished.  I was spent.
I want my 35f weather back  :D
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Ga Mtn Man

David-  Is that the temperature reading in the first pic? :o smiley_sweat_drop whiteflag_smiley
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red on July 18, 2013, 08:56:34 PM
Lots of Hot Air on that Farm

My BUDDY RED... :D :D :D.....You are so right Sir. There is a lot of HOT AIR on this farm. :D
Wish you were here!

And Paul.....it sure felt like 139°.  smiley_sun smiley_sweat_drop

JohnM

As GD said, it's been brutal up here as well.  I've always said I can't live in the South due to the heat but I can't tell the difference this summer. ::)  Well at least we don't have venomous snakes or grits! ;D ;)   ...yet... :-\

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

jmouton

we got the same weather here in michigan   93 degree and high humidity,  it sucks  ,  I've got logs to cut but going to wait till the temp and hum  drop some  ,,  I do construction  and I am sweatin my butt off  ,  so the logs can wait,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Peter Drouin

Well look at this way, I don't have to shovel heat ;D
When the mill gets so hot I can;t touch it , time to call it a day :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ga Mtn Man

High today in the north GA mountains...a sweltering 83°. :)  But very humid, so...
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My point is......if you don't have one of these power sources, it would be a good investment.
You can jump a dead battery, It has 120 volt, 12 volt, USB port, and a work light. On the back is a hose to pump up a flat tire.  smiley_thumbsup

sealark37

I used to wonder why the old-time sawyers saved their logs to saw in the fall and winter.  The reason dawned on me after I sweated my socks wet off-bearing slabs in August.   Regards, Clark

WDH

They are also very handy to power a DC diaphragm pump to power a spray tank so that you can spray the lumber with borates because it is so hot and humid that all the bugs come to visit you and your lumber for a Bug Vacation. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 18, 2013, 09:24:59 PM
My point is......

Sorry about hijacking your thread David.  I do see your point and it is a good one. smiley_lit_bulb

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 18, 2013, 09:29:50 PM
They are also very handy to power a DC diaphragm pump to power a spray tank so that you can spray the lumber with borates because it is so hot and humid that all the bugs come to visit you and your lumber for a Bug Vacation.

Now this IS a good idea. The good thing about this Power Unit, if what ever you plug in over loads it, it will turn itself off to protect the unit AND what ever you plugged into it.

Good idea Dano!  smiley_thumbsup

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on July 18, 2013, 09:35:53 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 18, 2013, 09:24:59 PM
My point is......

Sorry about hijacking your thread David.  I do see your point and it is a good one. smiley_lit_bulb

That's ok Paul....Your thread GAUGE is bad.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 18, 2013, 09:21:18 PM

That's every day here from mid May to at least mid September. :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

Paul's thread gauge's screws have come loose.   

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 18, 2013, 09:54:11 PM
Paul's thread gauge's screws have come loose.

Uh OH.......here he comes...... running-doggy    :D

WoodenHead

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on July 18, 2013, 09:53:11 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 18, 2013, 09:21:18 PM

That's every day here from mid May to at least mid September. :o

The humidity has been near almost 100% here.  You might not be able to shovel the heat, but you could almost shovel the moisture in the air.  I've been breaking out a sweat just looking at the boards I have to sticker stack (at 6:00 am !).    ;D

drobertson

No doubt about it, sheds, ones with tin, are like toaster ovens, we have been somewhat luck with at least a slight breeze for the last few weeks, still hot, nice fan David, never got one but threatened many of times for sure.  I grew up in Columbia,SC. I know most of the state is like a sauna til Oct.  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

STAY IN THE HOUSE WITH AIR CONDITIONING  :D. 

SPD748

Hey David,

I'd be glad to come down and help you run electric out to your saw shed. That is, if you were planning on it.

I got to saw a little yesterday. Brutal doesn't seem to cover it.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SPD748 on July 18, 2013, 10:13:42 PM
Hey David,

I'd be glad to come down and help you run electric out to your saw shed. That is, if you were planning on it.

I got to saw a little yesterday. Brutal doesn't seem to cover it.

-lee

Thanks Lee. I'm just waiting until I get my new steel building up and then run power to it.
Then I'll call you!  :D  (I'm glad you offered Lee before this thing turns to GRITS! )

Right now I'm just running a :
POWER BOX AND FAN

Thank You Sponsors!