iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time???

Started by timberlinetree, July 18, 2013, 03:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

Not sure what's going on here... Clock on our 98 Camry has slowly crept to now ten minutes fast since April. 94 Ranger, 7 minutes fast, and the older GPS also 7 minutes fast (no clock settings), and daughter's older cell phone is a minute off compared to all our smart phones. I know my ticker is ticking a little slower, but not sure whats going on with all these clocks! Anybody else notice this kind of thing happening? Or have any thoughts as to why?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Welcome to the Twilight Zone...

Herb

Magicman

:-\  My clock has crept much further than 10 minutes since April.   smiley_dizzy

I have a foot dragging, and I still can not slow it down.   whiteflag_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cutterboy

"Time waits for no man" ;D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

clww

My $8 watch from Kmart gains a minute each month. Currently it's 11 minutes fast, and the adjustment buttons have stopped working, except for the "Light". When it goes out, I'll strap on another one I picked up two months ago.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Howdy

My car radio clock has alway kept the minutes just fine but the hour indicator will cycle through the hours at will.  It's kinda fun to find the time displaying correctly and then a few minutes later it is several hours ahead.  Sometimes I will see it just flipping along at a marry pace.  Doesn't worry me too much so I don't plan on fixing it anytime soon.  I figure as the car ages so do I and if I can be a dependable as it is to start every day Life is Good!

Dave Shepard

Sounds like the hour button is sticking on the clock.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Time waits for no man  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

My lawn don't wait either.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Check your air filter.  ;D I took the air hose and blew the filter out on my Rolex Timex and now it keeps perfect time.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

WDH,My wife feeds me,so I mow the lawn when needed. using the baler on the lawn would make me a hungry man.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

It would rut bad, too. 

drobertson

Ours have been fine for pretty much for ever on all our vehicles. I wonder, are you in an area with allot of high voltage transmission lines? david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on July 18, 2013, 10:03:05 PMIt would rut bad, too.
Oh no....Danny is rutting.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

:D :D :D :D  Pretty sure I learn something new every time I read the forum but every once in awhile I can't help but think what a bunch of knotheads we are  :). No pun intended  ;D
PS rut must come early there Danny

DanG

We interrupt this bs to bring you a boring technical report:

In answer to the original question, there is an explanation of sorts.  There was a time when it was important to have all digital communications coordinated down to a gnat's eyebrow to ensure clarity of voice and data reception.  Along about the most recent turn of the century, some bright soul(s) came up with something called "Asynchronous Transfer Mode" which allowed random selection of bits within a data stream for usage.  This is what allows us to enjoy fast internet over phone lines via DSL.  Once the need for close coordination was eliminated, the links to the "master clock" at the National Bureau of Standards were abandoned, and each internet and cellphone company was left to their own devices(pun somewhat intended) to provide time of day services.  As far as your personal timepieces are concerned, I think the Chinese just aren't as concerned with accuracy as the Japanese were.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled bs. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sandhills on July 19, 2013, 09:09:52 AM
:D :D :D :D  Pretty sure I learn something new every time I read the forum but every once in awhile I can't help but think what a bunch of knotheads we are  :). No pun intended  ;D
PS rut must come early there Danny

Yes, if you look at Danny on the Wheaties Box, you will see he has lost his VELVET.  :D :D :D

(and thanks Dang for high jacking this thread.  ;D )

WDH

Ray,

Nix the idea about baling your lawn.  It would lead to comments about soil damage that would lead some of the membership to make comments about said soil damage that would be misleading and even on the prurient side.

thecfarm

Too late. I tried the baler idea and now I have ruts on my lawn.  :D

timberlinetree

We have a cell tower near us and where we park our equipment they just put up more high voltage lines next to the old ones :-\and if any one wants to bale my lawn the kids would be happy(except for youngest she loves to mow ???)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

WDH

Ray,

Now you will have to get a

Power Box and Fan

for when you clean up the ruts  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D.......Yawn....Its way to early on a Saturday for me to crank up.

sandhills

Quote from: timberlinetree on July 20, 2013, 07:11:52 AM
We have a cell tower near us and where we park our equipment they just put up more high voltage lines next to the old ones :-\and if any one wants to bale my lawn the kids would be happy(except for youngest she loves to mow ???)

Have no fear, they grow out of that, usually much too early.

thecfarm

If I was dumb enough to use a baler on the lawn,I would probably need that
Power Box and Fan
for the Doghouse.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on July 20, 2013, 09:26:25 PM
If I was dumb enough to use a baler on the lawn,I would probably need that
Power Box and Fan
for the Doghouse.

I think CUSTOMSAWYER is gonna order one from me. You want me to ship you one too?
They're selling fast.
I'll give you a discount Ray.....just because I like you.  ;D

thecfarm

All set now, the heat wave is over. The Dog house is nice and cool.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!