iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Greetings

Started by Log Dawg, July 18, 2013, 09:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log Dawg

Wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. Log Dawg (James) from Baton Rouge La, last year I emailed Magic Man having a conversation with him thus how I ended up finding this site.
  I bought my first Woodmizer back in 1994 LT40HD 28 (upgraded it with rolling toe boards , roller guides and the first Simply Set Works). I mostly cut sinker cypress and old hart pine beams (flooring and stair material) also more than my fair share of trees that ended up building people's homes .
  After selling I knew one day I would buy another one...lol and I did. 2006 LT40HHD 51 Cat loaded only having 666 hours on it (I ask him please cut something for at least on more hour and I would be happy to buy it LOLOL he did when I got there it had 668 hours on it ...whew).
I have been reading the site here for a while and finely took the time to register, look forward to getting to know the good people here thanks James.
2006 LT40HDD51 Cat Diesel, Board Return, Auto Clutch, De-Barker & Accuset, ShopBot CNC, 1953 Ford Jubilee, IDry

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, James.

Skittish about the tripple-6 are you!

I was initially and aircraft mechanic when I first went into the Air Force back in 1968.
When I went to Thailand, I worked on the A-26 planes and the one I was assigned to was tail number 666.
Before I went to Thailand, I was down in your neck of the woods going to school for the A-26, there were a bunch of them at England Air Force Base.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Andy White

Welcome Log Dawg!
Seeing that you are not new to sawing, but new here, enjoy all this site has to offer. Remember we like pictures!!  Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

Well Hello James and Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Log Dawg.   :)

Sounds like you struck gold Orange with the sawmill purchase.  Congrats.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

Welcome Log Dawg, and looking forward to your conversations.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

JohnM

Welcome to the forum, Log Dawg.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Sixacresand

Hi Log Dawg and welcome to the forum.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bill Gaiche

Ga Mtn Man

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Log Dawg.  Glad you finally stepped up and joined...we could feel you lurking out there :o.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

Greetings Log Dawg.  smiley_wavy
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

rooster 58

Hi there Lawg Dawg. Welcome to the forum ;)

crane op

Welcome lawg dog I to just joined the forum .I find everyone here very nice and informative I am in research mode about milling and constantly found myself coming back here lurking lots of info here.
sthil 310 case 480 23 ton splitter

Log Dawg

Thank everyone for the welcome to the site, been reading the post here for some time and hope to add what little I know to the mix. Again thanks for the welcome...
2006 LT40HDD51 Cat Diesel, Board Return, Auto Clutch, De-Barker & Accuset, ShopBot CNC, 1953 Ford Jubilee, IDry

millwright

Nice mill, and welcome to the forum.

hackberry jake

Anytime I go to get fast food or checkout at a gas station, if it comes up with $6.6 (ya know) I always add something to the order. Never can be too safe  ;D welcome a-board... foot
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

slider

Welcome James good choice in a mill .Looking forward to hearing from you.Hope those skeeters over in your neck of the woods are not as bad as here.
al glenn

justallan1

Welcome to the forum, James.

two tired

Welcom  to the forum log dawg, there is no better place to hang out, except maybe the sawmill.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

Thank You Sponsors!