iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A note about customer service

Started by FeltzE, July 18, 2013, 06:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeltzE

I've had my Nyle L200 for around 9 years and I bought it second hand.  I've often thought it wasn't quite drying at the rates expressed in the product manuals.   Although I normally dry around 1mbf of poplar from green or 600bf of pine in a load. I'm not packing the kiln to capacity because it is too much for the DH unit to keep up with.   ... a bucket placed under the drain tube outside the kiln guages my water removal (5 gal in 6 hrs with RH at 80 and dry temps above 90)

After reviewing the product manuals which state 240 lbs/24 hrs @ 8.3 lb/gal thats 28.9 gal/24 hrs.  I called Nyle got the L200 tech rep and discussed the kiln operation and rates.  We determined that the best course of action is to get a local Air Conditioning repairman (My neighbor is an AC instructor at the local college) pull all the performance information and give him a call back. ... we did and it was determined that the pump is in good order and we might need a new charge (R416a) although my pressures are close to the standards.     I ended up buying a 30# tank of R416a when I only need less than 4# expensive but hey what can you do.   

Recharged, the numbers read almost identical to the pressures before we serviced the unit.  But my efficiency has increased 20% or more Now we are pulling 5 gallons of water in 4.5 hrs at 80%rh and 100 DB.

The point of this... Thanks Nyle Crew! Thanks for taking the time to talk to me and my AC guy and guide us on our optons.

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!