iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40

Started by Klicker, July 16, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klicker

I have a 2006 LT40 HD28. Today when I went to use it, it would die in the cut. When you engage  the motor it revs up but the governors do not seem to be working. It doesn't rev up when under load. I have checked for an air leak, changed the fittings on the gas tank and gas line. Dave at Wood-Mizer said the plates in the linkage sometimes stick. I have sprayed it with silicone. The last time used prior to this, about 5 days ago, it ran great, no indication of any problems. Any ideas thanks
2006 LT 40 HD

Brucer

Do you get a lot of black smoke when it's rev'd up?
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

taw6243

Maybe you let the motor get rained on? if so, maybe like mine the rain causes the water to get on the horizontal shaft of the air throttle just under the air cleaner.(it tends to make the throttle plate shaft stick) Take the rubber boot off the air inlet and spray WD40 on the shaft from the inside where it goes thru the aluminum housing on left and right sides. This takes care of it with my mill.
4500 hours on my 2004 LT40HDG28, CBN sharpener and auto setter, 25" woodmaster planer with 9'auto leveling bed and trac vac chip handling system, 1998 L3010 kubota, 2010 L3200 kubota Festool TS75 rail saw with 42", 75" and 106" rails.

Klicker

Burcer it has let smal puff of black smoke since  I got the mill new.
I keep the mill covered when not In use. No rain in over a week
2006 LT 40 HD

Happycamper

Could be starving for fuel, clogged orifice, fuel filter, pinched line etc. Make sure your air filter is clean also
                                         Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Klicker

Filters where  done when I checked the lines and conections  for air leak. Happy Camper I have a photo  of a black bear eating orange jelly beans. I think of it when I see your avatar.

I think my fuel pump might be going. I started to use wix clear fuel filters at idel it is almost full about 3/4 but   when cutting it drops  to very little in the botom of the filter
2006 LT 40 HD

Brucer

I've had two issues with mine in the past.

In one case the return line from the engine back to the fuel tank had a stuck check valve at the tank. The fuel pump pressurizes a rail that feeds the injectors.. The injectors draw whatever fuel they need from the rail. There is a relief valve in the rail that diverts excess fuel back to the tank and it's this relief that maintains a constant pressure in the rail. When the check valve stuck, fuel backed up in the rail and the pressure went way up. As a result the injectors were feeding far more fuel into the engine then they should have -- exactly the same thing as running a carbureted engine with the choke on. That's why I asked about the smoke. You'll also get this happening if you ever forget to connect the return fuel line.

The second issue occurred in very hot weather and was caused by a small tear in the O-ring in the tank fitting on the supply fuel line. A partially plugged fuel filter will make things worse. The fuel level in the filter would drop exactly as you describe and their would be no power. Besides the small fuel filter that hangs from the tank, there is a second (and much more expensive) filter that hangs under the tray holding the fuel & lube tanks. It's supposed to be replaced every 1500 hours. That could also affect the operation in hot weather.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Klicker

I changed the large filter  in Apr. I put new fittings on while checking and cutting the lines back to get rid of cracks. I had problem with the rubber seals in the fittings so I keep a couple on hand. Another wood-mizer owner said  to get gas at the other station in town as the one i use has had a problem with bad gas.
2006 LT 40 HD

Thank You Sponsors!