iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 272XP no spark when hot

Started by Art_H, July 11, 2013, 04:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art_H

A little frustrating to say the least.  Starts no prob when cold, but no spark when it warms up.  Almost quits running when it does warm up.  Changed plug, and no joy.  Any ideas??

Don't want to start replacing electrical parts just "to see" if that was the problem etc.

Thanks,

Art

Art_H

Also looking for a procedure to test the coils.  Ohm rating etc.

Thanks

mnmdad

Try disconnecting the switch if that don't do it the coil is bad I have replaced many of them

Art_H

Had a look again today.  Haven't been using it for a while as it was unreliable. Switch seems good and it seemed to keep running and keep starting even when hot.  So maybe it was/is a moisture issue.  I may have been using it on  rainy day and got some water where it didn't like it.

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

Timbertron

first I would check the continuity thru your cap if is come off the ignition modual cable then I would check the continuity thru the kill switch and see if it has connection thru its normal on/off position. on postion should be open and off should have connection. if those test good replace the ignition coil but make sure your ground and your air gap between the fly wheel is good as well before replacement

clww

I've had saws in the past that did the same thing. As AdkStihl posted, all of mine needed the coil replaced.

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Timbertron. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Thank You Sponsors!