iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something new for this years pigroast. What say you?

Started by Jeff, July 08, 2013, 07:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tamiam of Logrite, my Tammy, and I were talking, and we came up with an idea that we thought might be cool to try at this years pigroast as sort of a side event. We would really like to encourage everyone that comes to participate in this that can, and we are hoping everyone will. :) The idea is to bring some sort of white elephant object to trade with other members. We don't have a clear way yet on how this would work, but if you bring something, you get to take something. There is no set theme or value for the objects, just anything you think my be of interest to another member that they might like to trade something of interest for.  A craft? A collectable? A natural object like a pudding stone? ( ;D ) Something unique from your part of the country or world?   Anyhow,  who's game?  8) 8)

We also encourage anyone that is interested in bringing a door prize for our usual door prize event to do that as well. Those of you that have been here in the past, knows how that works. We also have some other new surprises in store this year thanks to some of our great sponsors. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I wouldn't mind having a pudding stone  :) or a walking cane with eyes. ;D
Sounds like a good idea to me.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tam-i-am

This is a great way for everyone to show off their talents!
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

DR_Buck

Quote from: Tamiam on July 08, 2013, 09:11:34 AM
This is a great way for everyone to show off their talents!

Talents?   More show off contents of the junk drawer.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

Quote from: DR_Buck on July 08, 2013, 09:14:01 AMTalents?   More show off contents of the junk drawer.   ;D
Junk drawer.... :o   LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Cedarman

The hardest thing isn't figuring out what to bring.  Just remembering to bring it. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

pigman

I bet Cedarman will bring a eastern red cedar sap wood board.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gspren

Would a bottle of wine from our area be acceptable? Will people be able to see what they are getting/selecting?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Jeff

I'm sure it would be acceptable to certain members. :D   As I said, it is not decided yet how we'll do the exchange, but you certainly will be able to see the things, as that will be part of the fun. There may be some sort of quirk involved where you might lose the prize you thought you had too. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on July 08, 2013, 09:35:36 PM
There may be some sort of quirk involved where you might lose the prize you thought you had too. :)

Quirk: A game of chance with loss being a possibility.

ex. Poston QUIRKED all Magicmans Presidents and Benjamins Franklins in a card game at the Pig Roast.  :D :D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawwood

Jeff I have been to a couple of those White Elephant games. They handed out a ticket
when you arrive and the other part of the ticket when into a bucket. Then some one
pulls a ticket out and calls out the number. That person go to the table where the items are and picks one. Then the next number pulled, that person picks one from the table or
takes the one from the person that has some thing he likes. that person goes and picks
from the table and you then call out a new number and it goes on and on till all the items
on the table are gone.  There was a lot of old things and some new items. Was a lot of
fun and lasted a while.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

drobertson

+1, this is what we do a our expanded family Christmas dinner, numers are drawn, then gifts are picked in order, the next number can steal the last gift picked or chose one from the stack, the number one has the option to steal at the end of the event,  pretty fun, lots of laughs, wish we were coming, maybe next year,  david, side note, a gift can only be stolen 3 times,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

DR_Buck

Quote from: drobertson on July 09, 2013, 06:35:54 PM
+1, this is what we do a our expanded family Christmas dinner, numers are drawn, then gifts are picked in order, the next number can steal the last gift picked or chose one from the stack, the number one has the option to steal at the end of the event,  pretty fun, lots of laughs, wish we were coming, maybe next year,  david, side note, a gift can only be stolen 3 times,

This is the way we've done it too.  the only difference is the next next number can steal any gift that has not been taken 3 times, not just the last gift. If you are the third person to steal a gift, you get to keep it.   Like mentioned,  at the end the first person has the option to take any gift that has not been taken 3 times, leaving the last gift for the person he took from. 
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

drobertson

DR Buck nailed it, that's the game,  thanks, DR,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

grweldon

I'm not going to make it, but I'd sure like to send something.  Might throw the count off, but would that matter?  Let me know Jeff...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

WDH

Gr,

You could send a 60" LogRite cant hook with the handle end and the hook end both wrapped with a hundred $ bill wrapped with a rubber band  ;D.  For that matter, put one in the middle, too  :D.

Tam-i-am

how can i get one of those cant hooks with the hundreds? :D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

WDH

You already have the cant hook.  Just get grweldon to send the $.  If you need some rubber bands, I will bring you some  :D.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

If grweldon sends more hundreds than we can carry, we can always use the new Logrite Junior log arch attachments to move them around  :D.

Thank You Sponsors!