iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mix it up or Separate

Started by Magicman, July 07, 2013, 10:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I know folks that do not let any different foods touch on their plates and they eat each item separate.  All of the peas, then all of the potatoes, then all of the corn, meat, etc.

Personally, I do not mind anything or everything touching.  Heck soup and gumbo has everything mixed anyway.

So are you a "separate" or "mix" person  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

julio

I like mine all MIXED up . I eat like im in the army
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Paul_H

I eat my least favourite food first and save the best for last even in soups.I like Beef Barley soup and the last to be eaten is the meat.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Ernie

The only thing I separate out is pie and icecream, I dont like either mixed with the meat and veggies ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Chuck White

Some foods will get mixed on my plate intentionally and some will "touch" (which don't bother me), yet some will remain separated.

What the heck, as long as we eat!  food3
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

I'm sorta like Ernie.  I don't mind if my regular foods touch each other, although I don't mix them together, and I don't eat them in any kind of order other than I may save what I think tastes best as the last couple bites. I do not like my desserts to mix with or even touch normal meal foods, but if I have more than one kind of dessert, say at something like the pigroast, It is okay if the desserts touch each other. :) I like to have a clean plate for my dessert.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

My step son was a it can't touch anything eater. The Navy cured him of that. I may be fussy on whats on my plate,but it ends there. Things can touch and I kinda take turns on whatever is on the plate.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Makes no difference to me. digin_2
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Tim Lea

sandhills

I just eat, it all ends up in the same place anyhow  ;D

dail_h

Dont matter to me much if stuff touches or gets mixed a bit. But I dont like the cooking juice at all usualy,,,ie, dont want greens juice , or pea / bean juice at all.
My youngest has to have everything seperated , n not touchin at all. She eats all of one thing before going on to something else
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

drobertson

I always figured that's what mashed potato's were for, with gravy, it acts as a binder for the pesky peas and corn that try to get away,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

Nothing good about having Gravy in your Strawberry shortcake!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

I do like a clean plate for deserts!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

I like dessert first.... then if I have room, go for the full meal.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

I reckon southern folks use a separate desert dish, not sure,  there's always gravy, must be the reason,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

Quotesouthern folks use a separate desert dish

Prolly a lot of dry sand in that dish?   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

Well said ;D  nuff said ;D  always one in the group, Bret is back at school, no grammer checks here now ;D  david   gotta love it all the same,

Sheepkeeper

I'm with sandhills. It all gets mixed together in your stomach. I eat enough that I'd need a bigger plate to keep everything from touching. Life is short - eat dessert first  ;D
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Chris Burchfield

People Who Eat Foods One at a Time
"Task-oriented" and "methodical in approach" are the ways she describes people who eat this way. They're less flexible when it comes to fitting into situations that deviate from what they're used to.

People Who Mix Foods
This type of person can take on a great deal of responsibilities efficiently, but might have trouble deciding what's most important to accomplish. He or she can also have trouble concentrating on a particular task.

Taken from:  http://www.divinecaroline.com/life-etc/home-food/eating-habits-and-personality-surprising-connection
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Magicman

So now I know that I can blame my constipation concentration problem on my eating habits.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!