iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here A While Back

Started by Autocar, July 07, 2013, 01:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

We were talking about the white oak dieing,here in west central ohio our woods look bad with all our dead ash standing plus the white and swamp white oak look like they have been spray with herbiside. Living in farm country we have times farmers or more so contract companys spraying crops when the wind is blowing a little to much and this year it seems like herbiside damage is worse then Ive ever seen it. My seedlings the leaves are pale green with dark green veins, redbud and coffee bean trees have deformed leaves. I have young trees along the west property line that the branches look like you wrapped yarn in a ball its like a fuzzy not leaves but just a fuz of green. Ive talked to our state forester and the Auglaize cty. soil consevation office over the years but seems like I don't get the answers Iam looking for. As a landowner with woods that to me is as important as the farm ground whats the answers ? Give us a few more years and the trees will not beable to with stand year after year of no leaves to make food, white oak is my bussiness for sure Ive been cutting 400 to 1200 ft white oak and it pays very well but what about the next generation ? Iam truly concerened and in my opinion we all should be trying to find the answers.
Bill

Al_Smith

The hickorys too for some reason .Every so often they crop dust and weather that does it or not I don't know.

I do know crop dusters must be crazy .Here they come about 30 feet off the field and pull the plane up at a steep climb and only clear my woods by about 50 feet .I sometimes fear I'll have to retrieve a plane out of the top of a big oak some day .

Thank You Sponsors!