iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Win For Brynn

Started by Jeff, July 07, 2013, 10:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Yesterday was the day I had worked towards since just after Christmas. I ran the 4th annual Win for Brynn 5k to support Rett Syndrome Research. I'm glad to say I did finish the race. I had one place about two miles in, where I had to slow to a walk for about 100 yards due to nausea from the heat, but picked back up and ran the rest of the way. The last loop in the park was fun, because I was greeted by my little 3 year old neighbor who wanted to run the end of the race with "Uncle Jeff". I was more than happy to slow to the pace of a 3 year old to finish up. ;o)

I'd like to thank Brynn and her Family for putting within me the ability to do this. My plan is to keep running, and by next year's race be a whole lot lighter and improve upon what I began back at Christmas time. Thanks also to all of my Family and friends who have cheered me on over the last few months.

The Reason. Brynn. The Forestry Forum was given a certificate for helping to sponsor the race.

Posing for a couple photos for my Sister before the race

One with my son Jeremy

The race begins!

Photo Bombed by my BIL!! I think this photo highliughts the point that I don't have gray hair if viewed from behind! :)

Joe and Carol Wade brought the Forestry Forum parade vehicle to the race.

Uncle Jeff finishing the race with one of my favorite little neighbors. :)

Tired, and happy to have made it.

Bill and Kristen, Brynn's Mom and Dad, asked be to speak to the racers after the race during the awards presentation about why I had ran. It was the most nervous thing I have done in my entire life/

I really had to smile at the start of the race. When I got to the park entrance, to turn and start down the road, Joe and Carol were there holding the big sign below.

I'm lucky to know the Dagger and Hileman Families. They are amazing in the things they endure and the places they take their challenges.

A link to Race Day on Facebook. Not sure who can or cannot see it. I think it is a public page.
https://www.facebook.com/kristin.hileman.94/media_set?set=a.10151559904123577.1073741826.571668576&type=3
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jim_Rogers

Great story, and thanks for posting the pictures....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

fishpharmer

Jeff, your accomplishments for Brynn have been a real inspiration and motivation for me to get in shape.  Maybe next year more FF members will run the race for Brynn.
Thanks
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

That would be so awesome if we could get some forum members to run next year.

Just got this from Billy and Kristen.

Win For Brynn Raised......drum roll.....$9523.50!!!!!  :) :)

doctorb

Fantastic.  Just fantastic.  Congrats to you, Jeff.  Well done.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Mooseherder

What an accomplishment.  Very inspiring Jeff. :)

pigman

I would run, but I am not sure I could keep up with a three year old. Great Job Jeff. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

Good on ya Jeff
Don't think I'd even try to keep up with the pigman...  just sayin.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

great event! fantastic results 8)  thanks for sharing,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Congrats to Brynn for having Forestry Forum Friends and Neighbors.   :)   Congrats Jeff for making many dreams come true......yours included.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Very inspiring, Boss.  I am proud of you  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Now that's a story and a mighty nice one too with a very happy ending. You are a good man Jeff. And than some.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

calw1izl

Great job Jeff and a lot of hard work on your part to get to "this point"  8)  Keep up the good work and truly an inspiration to myself and I am sure, many of the forum members!

Cal
Cal  W1IZL
Cook Saw HD3238, Case 584CK, Cats Claw Sharpener, Setter, way too many misc woodworking tools and equipment

Jeff

The official race times were posted. I was wanting to beat my training record of 40 minutes 9 seconds. This was my time, even after walking about 100 yards of it at around mile 2 and lolly gagging along with my 3 year old running partner at the end. :D

Jeff Brokaw 4 36:28.0

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WmFritz

I've got to applaud you, Jeff. As hot and humid as it was Saturday, I didn't want to walk out to the mailbox, let alone do something like you accomplished. My hat is off to you.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Warbird

Ernie

Nice one Jeff!

What's the target for next year?
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ron Scott

~Ron

Left Coast Chris

Great accomplishment and inspiration!   thanks for all that you do Jeff :) :) :) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Jeff

5k this morning. I'm going to keep right on going. Now, if I could only learn to feel as good about running in the first mile as I do just after I finish.  :D

This mornings run.
http://runkeeper.com/user/jeffbrokaw/route/1631064

Norm

Corley5

Well Done  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Roxie

I'm so happy for you!  As always, you make me proud to know you!   8)
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!