iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

things may be looking up.

Started by semologger, July 07, 2013, 02:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

i got my new skidder in the other day. the one i posted on here on trading my cutter for the other day.  here is my cutter i traded for and the skidder i got.

the new skidder is running like a beast. it will out pull my john deere 648E easy. it rides great everything is tight, The only thing i need fixed is the air conditioning. i tried putting a can in it to charge it up but i guess im not doing something right it wont take any. We had alot of wood down so i got on the loader the 410E with the delimber on it and had both skidders running at the same time. wow talk about moving alot of wood in a short time. i was having to push to stay caught up. we are cutting a pine pulp and oak pulp blocking job right now. all small diameter trees. i can tell running 2 skidders is going to pay off. now only if i can stay ahead in the lil 221 hydroax cutting the trees down. I know my next cutter is going to be another 3 wheel cutter with a hot saw on it. the 4 wheel cutters work great. but for these thinning jobs i do i think a 3 wheel cutter will out do a big cutter. now i just have to find a new cutter. i am a very happy logger right now.

Autocar

Sounds like your on the right track, your young so nows the time to make it while you have the steam  ;D. Just something I'll pass along alot of the bigger producers I know will make remarks to me that when they got started it was a skidder and truck then they bought machines to get better and faster production and looking back they never seen there kids grow up. Take time to smell the roses  ;D. Good luck and have fun !
Bill

CCC4

Do you ever cut near Moody?

*DanG good looking skidder! I'm with ya on the Bell, I have cut for crews with both the Hydro Ax and the Bell, I think the Bell will run circles in planed pine. The Bell I have been around had the dangle head and as you already know makes it easier for the chainsaw hand to limb, plus the dangle can pick trees back up and butt them off. Not to mention you can use your Bell as a skidder if needed.

We aren't so far apart from each other. I haven't cut in Missouri since spring but we sell all our scrag to Timberland and sell most of our tie logs near Caulfield (I think). Have fun with that super nice skidder!

Nemologger

It sure is nice to have some good luck every now and then. Glad things are working for you. :D
Clean and Sober

semologger

heres my old cutter and the john deere. i amy be growing and getting bigger but im only in the hole around 30 grand right now and thats with all 4 pieces of equipment. there is no way i am going back to the old 5c5 tree farmer and a chainsaw. after having what i have now. lol. that was like work back then.  :D

semologger

the skidder came from central mo. fayette mo. ccc4 no mate dont ever travel that far that way. plenty of timber around here

treefarmer87

you got some nice equipment- that prentice is super nice :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

cutter88

have never seen a prentice skidder before... good looking machine!
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Thank You Sponsors!