iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any okie sawyers

Started by SFires, July 05, 2013, 09:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFires

Hay everybody I'm new to this forum and was wondering if  there's anybody in southern Ok or northern Texas that has a mill??  I find my self in a predicament. I have lots and lots of nice pretty lumber only problem is that its all still standing in the forest lol. Would like to find some one fairly close that could mill it for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

francismilker

I'm not too farm from you.  I live east of Ada.  Give me a call if you want to. 320.4034.  I have an LT-10 and am pretty busy right now but might be able to squeeze you in depending on how much you have to do.
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

SFIRES....Welcome to the Forum buddy!
Go up top and click on "MEMBER MAP". It'll help you find a member with a mill who may be close to you.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

...but ONLY if the FF member has entered his location (not so subtle hint to you FF member sawyers ;))
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

dboyt

SFires, welcome to the forum.  Hope you'll check in and let us know how the job went.  Wish I lived closer!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

SFires

Thanks everyone for the welcoming. Francis ill be giving you a call in a day or two if that's ok. I know that I'm gonna have several cedars to mill but I'm also wanting to get some boards milled to start me a new shop building. What would be the best trees to cut to use for that though?? Just name the best species to use and I'm positive that I can find it somewhere on my land I've got plenty to choose from.
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

okmulch

SFires, welcome to the forum, are the peaches on down there yet?
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

WDH

Pine would be best for framing lumber.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

SFires,welcome to the forum. Must have a few acres of woods?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SFires

Yes okmulch Stratford will be having there annual Peach Festival in two weekends from now. You should come down and have some peach ice cream its really really good a basically the only reason ill drag my but to town that day lol.

As for my land timber situation I have 560 acers that I use for firstly and most importantly is hunting. It has some nice bottem land that I bail hay in the summer. It's about 65-70% wooded with around 200+ acers of that being Big timber with a very nice selection of trees to harvest. Plus a family friend said I could harvest all the ERC on there not so little ranch. They have some very nice cedars too and they said that If I just so happens to find any other tree that was in need of sawing that they didn't see no harm in me taking it also. So you see I should have an ample supply of timber. I should be able to keep a sawyer quite busy for a while. It'd be nice to find one that would be willing to do it on shares.  About the only timber I don't really have in abundance is pine :(  but there is really nice one in my parents front yard and one on the old homestead were I grew up and then there's that drive way down the road that's lined in them.   Hmmmmmm.

hackberry jake

You will find that for framing lumber, the big box stores have about as cheap as you will find; It is normally more expensive to hire a portable sawmill than it is to just buy untreated lumber from a store. Maybe you should look into getting a portable mill yourself. Entry level sawmills are fairly inexpensive compared to how much they can save you. Mine has paid for itself three or four times at least. I have used sycamore, hackberry, red oak, white oak, cedar, locust, cherry, walnut, hickory, and ash for structural framing lumber. They all work just as good or better than pine. Pine/spruce/fir is the best wood to use when installing drywall over it.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

oklalogdog

SFires,

I live between El Reno and Hinton - West of OKC.  I'm a fur piece from you but welcome to the forum.  I bought my TimberKing 1220 last June and it has been one of the greatest purchases I've ever made.  This is where you really can save some money on your own projects and you will pay for the saw very shortly and many times over.

I am in the process of building a 2 story workshop/storage shed and all the lumber will be cut on my 1220 and will be free accept for the cost of the mill.  We (my wife and I) have also cut about 300 nice house logs and flattened them on two sides with the mill for a log addition we intend to build.  What do house logs like this cost?  I dunno - all I know is we didn't have to buy any of them.

Once again welcome and if I can be of any help - just let me know.
Amateurs built the Ark - Professionals built the Titanic

TK 2000, TK 1220, Belsaw M14, John Deere 7610 with loader, Ford 9N.

SFires

I've been debating on purchasing a mill of my own just can't make up my mind yet. I'm sure it would easily pay for itself pretty quick seeing how I've got enough timber to last me for a while. Plus Im planning on building me a woodshop and two more hay barns and if time and money permitting another equipment shed. But even with all that its still hard to drop that much money at one time.  Maybe i should just sell one of my trucks lol. Got an extra 03 Chevy 1ton quad cab dully. It should be able to get me one. Guess its something ill just have to think about.

WDH

Life is short.  Go for it. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

dboyt

Quote from: SFires on July 06, 2013, 01:03:23 PM
Maybe i should just sell one of my trucks lol. Got an extra 03 Chevy 1ton quad cab dully. It should be able to get me one. Guess its something ill just have to think about.

That ought to get you started nicely.  If you've already got a decent chain saw & tractor, you're just about there!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

SFires

Quote from: WDH on July 06, 2013, 08:20:59 PM
Life is short.  Go for it.

I always figured is get me one when my kids finally graduated collage and my wife had finally spent all the money that she could would be when I could finally get my own mill. Then Id have just enough time to mill and build my own coffin before I died of old age

drobertson

S, if you are only 29, man go for It and get a mill, you will be surprised at what comes of having another useful tool, they (mills) are handy around farms,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!