iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

.....And now for my next trick......

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 04, 2013, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

That is sure going to be a nice looking table!

WDH

Now that you have it attached to the box, it should not cup.  That is a great looking piece.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 10, 2013, 07:03:25 PMI couldn't slide a playing card under it.....Pray for me!
I ain't praying for anyone that hides playing cards in cracks under the table.  I shoots them.   fudd-smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 10, 2013, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 10, 2013, 07:03:25 PMI couldn't slide a playing card under it.....Pray for me!
I ain't praying for anyone that hides playing cards in cracks under the table.  I shoots them.   fudd-smiley

You've been watching to many Westerns. I don't cheats at cards.  ::)
Now shut up and deal.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Busy Beaver Lumber

My one sister in law used to date a guy that thought he was a professional card player and wanted to get rich taking all the family members money. We always played dealers choice and just passed the deal around the table so everyone got a chance to deal and call the games they wanted. To be honest he was one of the worst card players I ever met.

One night he was particularly obnoxious so i decided to rent some room in his head. Before we began playing, I showed him about a half dozen card tricks that blew his mind. Then  said....Lets play and started to deal. He refused to play because he was convinced that i would deal dirty and cheat him out of his money. Have no idea what might give him that impression....just because I pulled 4 aces off the top of a deck that he shuffled 2 minutes earlier? Anyway he refused to play and left, which suited all of us just fine. 8)
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Magicman

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on August 11, 2013, 02:57:02 PMMy one sister in law used to date a guy that thought he was a professional card player
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 10, 2013, 11:10:03 PMNow shut up and deal.
Oh my, your sister in law used to date Poston ??   ??? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 11, 2013, 10:44:55 PM

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 10, 2013, 11:10:03 PMNow shut up and deal.
Oh my, your sister in law used to date Poston ??   ???

Dog gone it! And if I had stuck with her, I could have had a bunch of FREE pens and FIREWOOD by now!  :)
We broke up but she said we could still be cousins.

mesquite buckeye

Cool. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Did someone mention cake? ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I finally got it all put together. It rained all day so I spent the day in the shop.
The legs were a little aggravating but I finished them up, glued and screwed them in place.

All I have left now is to do some tweaking by hand sanding and I'll be ready for the Conditioner and then Poly.
I'll probably wait until the humidity drops before starting the finish.

The MC in the wood is now down to 10.3%.

Warbird

It's beautiful.  Can't wait to see it with the poly on it.  I bet the pics won't do it justice.

ron barnes

WDH

I see that you were not able to get all that coffee stain off, and you forgot and left the bark on it. ;D. 

Very beautiful  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That slab is making an awesome piece of furniture.  I guess that it could be a bench or a table.   :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 17, 2013, 08:35:02 PM
I see that you were not able to get all that coffee stain off, and you forgot and left the bark on it. ;D. 

Very beautiful  8).

I'll take it off with the chainsaw.  :D

I've learned 2 things.
1. Its very easy to erase pencil marks off of Maple.  :)
2. I know where the terms "Vintage and Rustic" came from. When your woodworking talents are not as sharp as
    the talents of WDH, you just call all your mistakes "Vintage or Rustic". Then it'll sale!  :D

WDH

From what I hear, natural and rustic are "in".  That table would sell for a lot of $.  Don't you dare touch that bark!  That is what gives it appeal as well as the figure in the top.  You cannot find furniture like that. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 17, 2013, 10:28:29 PM
From what I hear, natural and rustic are "in".  That table would sell for a lot of $.  Don't you dare touch that bark!  That is what gives it appeal as well as the figure in the top.  You cannot find furniture like that.

Uh Ooooooooooo.......I better go get the Titebond.  ;D

mesquite buckeye

If you bring it out to the desert it will dry down just fine. :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

drobertson

Nice work with the maple, nice choice of wood as well,  should be a keeper! I like your technique on the framework,   david,  might lay off the java when finishing ;D 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Last Pictures....... and I truly thank all of you for your compliments. THE END.

mesquite buckeye

hackberry jake

The seat next to the lamp must be your seat. It looks a little more "smooshed" than the others.  ;D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

You are amazing.  Your benches and tables look so organic, like they are alive.  I have found some of them looking at me, and I have seen some walking.  I call you the "Bench Master".  Maybe when you come to see me, some of that "esprit d'animal" will rub off on me.  It might be more properly called "Les Esprits Animaux" in french.  However, I am not being proper.  Maybe Marcell will correct me.  This one seems like it is there sitting patiently for you to put stuff on it.  I love it!

WDH

Oh, I see in that second pic that it looks like some sweetgum has encroached into your living room.  I have some stuff that will take care of it, but you might have to spray it twice  :)     ;D.

Thank You Sponsors!