iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

will I ever see the sun again

Started by taylorsmissbeehaven, July 02, 2013, 12:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorsmissbeehaven

Well I left a big mess of slabs and other debris all around my mill thinking I could clean it up on the weekend. I had no idea it was going to rain for two weeks straight! I couldn't get to the mill if I had to. The mud is up to my ears. I have had six trees fall over this stint of rain(only one is millable :'() Oh well I shouldn't complain nothing hit house or mill. I hope some of you out there are having better weather than we are. Happy milling, Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

ddcuning

I feel your pain Brian, my yard is a foot tall in Pittsboro. I was working at the mill this last weekend and the rain on the tin roof of the sawmill shed was enough to leave my ears ringing for hours. Rain was blowing so hard, everything under the shed was wet. I think we are in for a few more days of it before there is any relief. When I passed over the Haw River this morning, it was out of its banks.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

hackberry jake

What is this "rain" you speak of? We are dry as a bone here. for the last two weeks, the only rain that I have got has been about a 15 minute sprinkle on sunday. If you guys will split the postage with me, you are more than welcome to send it my way.  8)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

ddcuning

This was just off the road on the way to my house yesterday and now more rain today. Word is they are having to do rescues with boats in Chapel Hill today. There are tales of large trees falling over. I am keeping my ears open for some possible lumber!

We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

clww

We've had at least some rainfall every day since last Thursday evening. Today, there have been huge downpours that last about 15 minutes each time. Follow with 30 minutes of sunshine, then repeat.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

Brian, it has been said," why do today what can be done tomorrow" but this is not really the case.  We as well are in a flash flood area, although we have had the most perfect spring season leading into summer here,  I reckon you can take a break and continue on whenever conditions are more favorable.  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Brad_S.

The farmers can't get their hay in  around here. Not a day goes by that there is at least one flash shower. When it isn't raining it is so humid that almost nothing dries.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

VT-Woodchuck

We just set a record for the wettest May and June and July is starting off the same way. The good news is that it isn't snow!

cutterboy

It's the same here. Rain every day and when the sun comes out it's so humid you can almost swim, and then more rain. My poor garden....I should have planted rice this year.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

kelLOGg

Dave,
I see you have your sawmill up and running.  8)

Yeah, its been rain rain rain but I think it will be over in a few days and we will be in a typical summer. :-\
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

slider

Same here in south georgia,wood yard is a mess but were are making a great corn crop.After chasing 5 hard reels and 20 center pivots most of the summer it's not so bad.
al glenn

JohnM

Quote from: ddcuning on July 02, 2013, 02:07:28 PM
There are tales of large trees falling over. I am keeping my ears open for some possible lumber!
dd, you might want to check the Atlantic!  :o ;) ;D  Lots of rain/humidity up here as well but nothing like that.  Stay safe!

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

MotorSeven

We picked a good time to visit family in Manitoba. The weather here for the last week has been absolutely perfect, while our farm in TN has been getting pummeled with rain. None of our hay got cut and most likely is junk by now.....not looking forward to getting home when even more rain is predicted for this weekend.........
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Thank You Sponsors!