iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new toys

Started by xlogger, June 30, 2013, 07:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

I've been wanting another forklift for my mill so if I took my bobcat to a job to pick up logs I would have something here to unload, also my bobcat wouldn't go over the sides of a log trailer to unload. I've also been looking for a gooseneck dump trailer to use around the place here for whatever I needed and both of them came up for sale this week near me for a fair price. I spent too much of my retirement money >:( but as she said you got your new toys. I've got a case 584 forklift, so much easier to pickup big logs now and a 16 dump trailer in the same week. So back to work to make money back :D.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

ddcuning

I bought a forklift that a friend was letting me borrow and I don't know how we would function around the mill without it. Had we not had it to build the mill shed, we would not have gotten the shed built. Congrats on the new equipment! 8) Sorry to hear about your retirement account.  :(.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

Peter Drouin

Some times you have to spend money to make money  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

xlogger

I run a forklift a lot at work and this one uses peddels for forward and reverse. I'm not use to that, like to torn down my mill shed :D. Going to pratice more away from the mill first.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

thecfarm

I've heard of big plans for retirement and it comes,but the plans have changed,with a death,or something that keeps them from doing what they planed. I say spend the money and enjoy the toys. But don't spend it all.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rmack

Sometimes you can kill two birds with one stone. It ain't pretty, but it will grab a log or a lumber pile.

the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

beenthere

rmack
That looks real handy !   8)

Did you add the log clamp?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

With all that weight cantilevered out the back, it looks like that would really increase your lifting capabilities.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Left Coast Chris

Looks like it articulates, grabs and has good ground clearance.  The cats-meow!
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

xlogger

I do like the grapple.

rmack

Quote from: beenthere on June 30, 2013, 09:30:52 AM
rmack
That looks real handy !   8)

Did you add the log clamp?

Machine was new in '72, I believe grapple was added around '74.  :)

Quote from: Jeff on June 30, 2013, 09:48:52 AM
With all that weight cantilevered out the back, it looks like that would really increase your lifting capabilities.  :)

machine is rated for 10,000 lbs lift capacity. oddly enough, most of these were built 4 wheel drive, this one is only two. all the same it gets me around the yard okay so far  :)

Quote from: Left Coast Chris on June 30, 2013, 09:59:02 AM
Looks like it articulates, grabs and has good ground clearance.  The cats-meow!

it articulates on a fairly short wheelbase so it's handy that way, one annoyance I occasionally run into is there is no sideshift for the forks.  :)

Quote from: xlogger on June 30, 2013, 10:12:55 AM
I do like the grapple.

I checked the lifting height against a triple bunk log trailer currently in use and it will clear the stakes with a load on. I'm guessing that might be an issue with a lot of machines in this class.  :)

and yes, the price was right.  ;D
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Thank You Sponsors!