iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

All set now

Started by Peter Drouin, June 29, 2013, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

For a long time I had to fight with the truckers to move logs and beams.
But no more. I found a long trailer that was not a goose neck.

Now I can get the long logs. Maybe not all at once , but I can get them :D

And when the time to deliver the beams I can.

34' long 8)

I have to do some fab work .And move the winch from the short trailer to the long one . see the thing was a 2 car trailer.
Im going to go check the breaks and lites then deck it over with w oak

The winch

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

Nice trailor, quite long, sure it will do the job,  nothing like being on your own time when it comes to picking up and delivering,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Peter Drouin

Quote from: drobertson on June 29, 2013, 01:40:30 PM
Nice trailer, quite long, sure it will do the job,  nothing like being on your own time when it comes to picking up and delivering,   david

I had to. The truckers don't like 12' or more hanging off the end of the truck. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

TimGA

That's a nice one for sure. Have to be careful of tiny turn around with it. I am always looking for a way out when hauling something that long. Looks like it finally warmed up in your area.
                                                                          Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

BobInMN

Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around, comes to mind.    :D
Retired US Army, Retired Civil Engineering Technician, Retired State Employee, most of all just plain tired.

customsawyer

That is a very nice trailer. I would only put the oak deck on it if it is really needed. I don't think you would need it for logs and lumber. The oak decking will be that much more weight that you can't haul. Just my two cents worth.
My 12 ton goose neck is a great trailer but it weighs 8500 lbs empty. The first thing I thought when I saw your trailer is how light it would be.  ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

Than too you won't have to carry a boom to sweep it off. Are you going to raise the bed to get above the fenders? Like use some 6x6's or whatever you need for height.Would make it easier to get unloaded with a forklift too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: customsawyer on June 29, 2013, 08:57:55 PM
That is a very nice trailer. I would only put the oak deck on it if it is really needed. I don't think you would need it for logs and lumber. The oak decking will be that much more weight that you can't haul. Just my two cents worth.
My 12 ton goose neck is a great trailer but it weighs 8500 lbs empty. The first thing I thought when I saw your trailer is how light it would be.  ;)

I will give that some thought.  Maybe just more 4" strips of steel. I was going to put on some stake pockets , and  4" ratchet straps
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on June 29, 2013, 09:01:04 PM
Than too you won't have to carry a boom to sweep it off. Are you going to raise the bed to get above the fenders? Like use some 6x6's or whatever you need for height.Would make it easier to get unloaded with a forklift too.

I looked for a deck over , been looking over a year, but this is the first long one that I found, If I have to I'll put some 6x6 blocks down to get the long beams up high enough.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

rmack

I bought a new trailer about 6 years ago, had the winch from a '90 toyota pickup kicking around so I glued it on there simple as possible, only 5000lbs rating but its okay for cars, can always snatch block it for heavier stuff.  :)

the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

rmack

Quote from: Peter Drouin on June 30, 2013, 12:00:14 PM
Nice job :)

thank you, I forgot to say, the winch and solenoid assembly came with a vinyl cover from warn, I use it religiously and it is still standing up well. I use the trailer year round (read salt and shite) and the winch works everytime I plug in the controller.  :)
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

bozzaa69

I like the welds on the winch mount from the short trailer.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: bozzaa69 on July 01, 2013, 10:42:59 PM
I like the welds on the winch mount from the short trailer.

I know  :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm a sawer not a welder  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

slider

Nice trailer Peter,I hope you don't have issues with too much weight on the front,may be it's the angle but the axles look far to the rear.How about one of those arkey self loaders.Seems like it was Arkey that built one.It was neat.Someone just built one like it a while back.That would be the trick for loading beams.
al glenn

beenthere

QuoteSeems like it was Arkey that built one.It was neat

May have been the DanG-Deadheader log lift you are thinking. 
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,17613.0.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Peter Drouin

Quote from: slider on July 02, 2013, 07:10:26 AM
Nice trailer Peter,I hope you don't have issues with too much weight on the front,may be it's the angle but the axles look far to the rear.How about one of those arkey self loaders.Seems like it was Arkey that built one.It was neat.Someone just built one like it a while back.That would be the trick for loading beams.

I looked at that too . It did pull good on the way home. I looked at the short trailer and the axles are back too , to more then haff way back . I guess Ill find out :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

rooster 58

Looks stout!!!!  :o

Thank You Sponsors!