iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Famine to feast..wheels

Started by pineywoods, June 28, 2013, 11:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Wife's faithful old electric wheelchair quit...stranded her in the blueberry patch. I pushed her to the house and tore into the wheelchair. The joystick controller is kaput, internet search turned up a replacement unit, $1300, 5 day delivery. BY now, I am in panic  mode, as she is totally dependent on this thing for mobility. Not expecting much, I looked on craigslist, behold a fairly new used one an hours drive away.  Needless to say, I bought it. Next day, she went to the beauty shop and the lady there says, I have a used one that needs some work, that I will donate. I went and got it, put batteries in and fixed the charger. So now she has a spare...Turned out the donated unit was almost identical to the original that broke. Comparing the 2, I lucked out and fixed it. So now we have a whole fleet of power chairs.  Never fear, somebody will need one..

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

Piney
You are a good man, and your wife is fortunate to have such great help.

Looks like you did good on the round up  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

Get one more and play doubles tennis ;D. Great job, Piney!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

pineywoods

I learned a couple of things from this episode. I now know a good bit more about the internal workings of these devices, but more important... Anyone who is totally dependent on any machinery needs a SPARE...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390

Chuck White

Piney, it's good to know that with all the help you've given others, finally someone has turned around and helped you!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DaleK

Now the two of you can race...
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

thecfarm

Now she won't have any troubles with a spare.  :D  Glad you got her up and going so quick.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

You can't hold a good woman (or man) down.  Good going!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

Peter Drouin

Best of luck with the new to you chairs. :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

pineywoods

One other thing I learned. What caused the older one to quit was water. Granny  went to the blueberry patch right after a rain. The bushes were dripping wet, the rubber boot around the joystick is split, water got in the works. But she did get a gallon of berries.....Yuummmmm

Ron Scott

~Ron

Gary_C

Your wife is a lucky woman...........and a good man is underappreciated.    :D :D :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Norm

Quote from: Gary_C on July 01, 2013, 06:57:28 AM
Your wife is a lucky woman...........and a good man is underappreciated.    :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D

Luckily for Wayne I'm know he's not!

Corley5

8) 8)  Spare machines are a good thing ;D :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

I was at the Cabin and missed this, but Nelda is a lucky lady in many ways.  One of which is having Wayne.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

pineywoods

Quote from: trapper on July 09, 2013, 02:58:26 PM
Taking them both to EAA?
You betcha...Loss of mobility while there would be a major disaster.  ::)

drobertson

Good Job Piney! nothing beats a good handy man, and definitely nothing beats having Momma back on the go! Awesome story, and it sounds like your berries are producing well,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!