iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 181se

Started by sawdusty1, June 28, 2013, 08:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawdusty1

High everyone, new to the forum. I have an old husky 181se that cuts great but it will pull your arm out socket to crank it.  Do they make a pressure relief valve  that will fit my saw.
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Here is a link to an older post on that saw. 
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=25272.0

Doubt you can fit it with a decomp valve.  That would take some machine work, I think.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, sawdusty1. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sawdusty1

Thanks for the link beenthere. 
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

Al_Smith

The 181 has a slightly smaller combustion chamber than a 281 and a 281 is a wrist breaker .The Swedes must be tough because if you think that thing is bad tug on a 2100 a spell .---Hint spend about 6 bucks at a Stihl dealer and install a 460 rescue saw D-handle on that thing while you still have feeling in your arm and can still move all your fingers . ;)

sawguy21

:D Bring that mother up to compression, brace 'er then give the cord a good rip. Otherwise the fingers will be tingling and you will be using a few words your momma slapped you for.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

old 030

i now own two 181se's, they really are good runners, and yes, they aren't the easiest pulling saws, but once going, worth the effort, enjoy yours, i love mine...................... ;D

NCFarmboy

Listen to Al!  Stihl D handle PN: 1128 185 3401 under $6.00 from my Stihl Dealer.  Got one on my 181 and everything else that's got mega comp.  Just bought 10 of em for my keepers.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

sawdusty1

Stihl D-Handle is a great tip. Going today to get one.  Thanks a million 
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

Thank You Sponsors!