iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Computer Help

Started by Andy White, June 27, 2013, 08:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

After starting up my laptop, I do not see the bottom task bar ,no clock, volume control, or anything
else I need. How can I get this working again?           Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

thecfarm

I just did a system restored on mine. A member made me think of it.  ::)   It worked for me. By the way,what are you running on your computer?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Does everything else on the screen look normal?  What happens when you move the mouse all the way down to where the bottom task bar normally is?  You may need to force power it off and boot it up again.  To do this, just hold down the power button until the system shuts off.  Count to 10, then power it on again.

Try not to do that too often.  It is not a graceful shutdown.

SwampDonkey

Try hitting the keyboard Windows (emblem) button and see if the 'Start' menu comes up on the lower left. If it does, right click at the bottom of it. 'Properties' comes up, click on it and then hit the 'Taskbar' tab and see if the settings have changed in the way the Taskbar, bar icons and clock is displayed.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Andy White

cfarm
I am running Windows 7 home premium. Done what Swamp said, and every thing comes back, but when I click
OK it goes away again. I may just go milling!!!!!         Andy

Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

mburrow

in the task and start menu Properties  uncheck the hide taskbar then click apply then the ok tab

Jeff

Even with the task bar hidden, it should appear by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen That is, unless when the hiding happened, it was also moved to the side of the screen. I've seen that happen by an inadvertent click drag and drop.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it probably should popup or something when the mouse is moved down there.

Is the computer shared with other family members? Maybe someone changed the preferences or got infected by malfare.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Andy White

Swamp Donkey
I just went thru the procedure you recommended for the 30th time. Very annoying to say the least!
The last time thru, when it asked location of taskbar, I clicked right side, and there it is.
Went back and switched it to bottom, and every thing is all good now.
It must have clicked and dragged and dropped inside the case. I did not shake it to check for rattling tho!!!
Thanks all for your input.                       Andy