iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another day custom sawing.....Ho-Hum snicker

Started by Tom, January 25, 2002, 06:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Today was a wet one.    It drizzled most of the morning but we were quite productive.  At noon we broke and went to the house for dinner.  

The Lady of the house wasn't quite ready so we sat on the porch in the rocking chairs and looked out over the back pasture at the cows on the fresh green rye and listened to a newly acquired soundtrack of the movie "Oh Brother, Where art Thou?" as it wafted through the window screens.  I was beginning to feel as if I had slipped through a time tunnel to the early 1900's.  

Then we were called to dinner.  I sat down to a huge heaping platter of deep fried flounder, croaker and sea trout, a pot of grits, a heaping basket of hushpuppies, a pan of sweet baked beans with lots of onions cooked in them, about 2 gallons of ice tea and a pear pie.

After we had eaten our fill, and then some, we went back to the porch to let the meal settle before returning to the mill.  

All in all it's been a wonderful day.
 ;D

Frank_Pender

You know, tom I hve to be in New Orleans and Jacksonville, Miss. I April.  I might just hop a plane and come down if you are still serving that dort of dinner, rather than the peas.   :D :D ;)
Frank Pender

Tom

That's my customers taking good care of me, Frank. :)

Frank_Pender

I would hope there is a great deal of repeat business with them. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

CHARLIE

What a meal Tom!! 8) 8)  Makes my mouth water.  A man just shouldn't eat fried fish without grits. It wouldn't be right and the fish just wouldn't be as good. And the hushpuppies! WOW! If you hadn't had that pear pie for dessert you could've poured some cane syrup over some hushpuppies. Now I'm hungry. I'm gonna call my wife and have her fix me some fried fish 'n grits.  8) 8) 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!