iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help finding and working with a firewood logger/supplier

Started by woodworker9, December 10, 2020, 10:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Look into a cone shaped hydraulic splitter's that run off the hydros on your skid steer.
Ed K

woodworker9

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on December 15, 2020, 05:42:58 AM
You forgot to mention your biggest asset: your attitude. You will make it happen no matter what. A lot of folks will always be looking at what they don't have and blame their lacy of accomplishment on the tools. The fact is you can do a lot with whatever you have if you just stick at it. Made Dad used to say "a good machinist can build a watch with just a file, hacksaw, and hand drill. it just takes time."
You keep plugging and it will come sooner than you think. Small opportunities have a way of generating larger ones.
Keep hammering at it, you will succeed. I'll bet 12 months from now the picture looks totally different for you.
Tom
Thanks, Tom.  I don't quit.  It's not in my DNA.  My dad was an MP, and the attitude to go with it.  Yes, sir, no, sir, how many pushups do you want me to do, sir!  That's how I was raised.  The first rule, take care of your family.  The second rule, NEVER QUIT.  That was repeated to me about a million times growing up.  He was right, and so are you.  People fail because they quit.  I don't quit.  Thanks for noticing.
Jeff
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

woodworker9

Quote from: Ed_K on December 15, 2020, 08:15:36 AM
Look into a cone shaped hydraulic splitter's that run off the hydros on your skid steer.
I'm picking up a Wolf Ridge 35 HO this weekend....ordered a while back.  I use the skidsteer a lot around here, and don't want it tied up splitting wood while I need it to load trucks.  The Wolf Ridge has a log lift and an adjustable, and changeable, wedge(s).  It'll come in handy for all the different sized logs I've been getting.  Today, I was cutting 30" to 38" honey locust.  Got about 2 cords worth in the trailer before my legs and back waved the white flag for the day.  Going back for more in the morning.  Probably 4 or 5 trailer loads of it to get.  3 really big trees, and a very large elm, too.  
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Thank You Sponsors!