iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

South Georgia Sawmill video

Started by ancjr, June 24, 2013, 09:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancjr

Sorry if this is a repost, but if you find this half as entertaining as I do you won't mind seeing it again.   :)

He's cutting a big river-salvaged cypress using a bandsaw mill he made from scrap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLCtq-P1dLA

Magicman

It is long and drawn out but still entertaining.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

That was excellent! Heavy duty mill.  Must stay clear of wheels if that blade broke though.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ancjr

The yarding shots are a little drawn out... and why does he lift the cut pieces so high?  The rest deserves the extended time because of the story behind the wood and the mill.   8)

DanG

That guy is only about 40 miles from me, even going all the way around the lake.  I gotta get up there for a visit someday. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Farmerjw

I realize taking those huge slabs off is labor intensive, but pretty surprised he left that many on before taking them all off.  Looked to me like a lot of weight that would transfer into drag and heat on his blade.  Otherwise, cool, always like to see ingenuity at work.  Was it me or a camera angle or is the head of his mill at an angle to the log?
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Thank You Sponsors!