iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Life Below Zero

Started by Autocar, June 21, 2013, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

It's a new show don't remember if it's history or discovery channel one of the better real life shows I believe. Theres a young fellow sixty some miles north of the artic circle he says he eats when hes hungry sleeps when hes tired he was cutting wood at one thirty in the morning,time ment nothing to him wouldn't that be a good felling ? Seems like my time flys by, here it is Friday again and it seems like a few days ago it was Friday  :o
Bill

Mooseherder

I'll have to check it out.
Hopefully this type of programming will continue.
Sure beats canned laughter shows.
Have you watched Swamp'd ?

Autocar

Ive seen the one on trapping allagators but just never got to much out of it. But theres some other ones on different channels about swamps but never watched them.
Bill

Chuck White

Life Below Zero is a pretty good show, at least everything is very realistic!

It is supposed to be a series.

I watch it whenever I see it coming up.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

John_Haylow

Thanks Autocar,
I will have to watch for it. We need more shows like this.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Mooseherder

I just programmed the DVR. :)

sawguy21

Not for me. I spent too many winters below zero to appreciate it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fuzzybear

24 hours of sun light in the summer and 24 hours of dark in the winter....yea I've cut firewood at 4am just because I lost track of the day.
  I have no concept of time. Really, I never know what day it is let alone the time. 2am is the same light as 2pm.  You can go for days on little sleep in the summer, but it catches up to you sooner or later.
  There is only a short time to get things done in the summer. and yesterday was the half way point for our season.  >:(   I think I need sleep soon whiteflag_smiley
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

WDH

At least at this point, it does seem to be as "staged" as some of these type programs are.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

The lady who lives up in Kavik by herself.
Is that a research facility?
She had 12 thousand pounds of fuel flown in.
Nobody could afford to stay there.
And why would you want to?

Jeff

You have to put up with a short ad before the video starts.  Clearly the land where the men are men, and so are the women. :D

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4314446/uncut-kaviks-only-resident/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

I don't think that the reporter would make it up there  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Well now that explains it a whole lot better.
I'm glad to see that summer does touch that part of the earth.
I was under the impression the snow cover stayed year round.

Chris Burchfield

I just saw an episode of it this morning.  Andy Bassich and his wife Kate Rorke Bassich live in Eagle, Alaska.  About 122 miles S of the Arctic Circle.  The episode I watch he had gone and picked up a used Woodmizer.  Returned to Eagle via Taylor Highway.  Looked to have been an LT40HD G24.  Not new by the rust spots and color of the mill.  But it appeared in tact.  I found their website:  http://alaskayukonadventure.blogspot.com/ 
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Chuck White

I saw that episode Chris.

I'll bet he put that Wood-Mizer to good use once he got home.

The mill looked just like mine, LT40HDG24, but I couldn't figure out if the name Wood-Mizer on the door of the blade housing was actually painted over or just blurred out for advertisement sake!

They did a little scraping to get the ice off the mill when they got home.

Jeff had a muddy, icy looking Wood-Mizer one time if I remember right!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Mooseherder

Jeff's had a lot more slush on his.
Andy and Kate got their Sawmill to Eagle but can't get it too their property until the river freezes over again solid.  You know he is itching to use it.
I don't know how a show could portray their life experiences any better.  I like it.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 16, 2013, 10:37:54 PM
Quote from: Jeff on July 16, 2013, 07:08:40 PM
Slush-Mizer. :)

I've heard it all now.  :D

What a pic Jeff! Your picture tells the story! "COLD".
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

That's the pic I remember from back when it was first posted.

Thanks for reposting Jeff.

Thank You Sponsors!