iDRY Vacuum Kilns

"Smart" phones and Adobe Flash Player

Started by Dave Shepard, June 21, 2013, 01:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Tried to upload a photo with my new Samsung Stupid Phone and it said I needed to download Flash Player from Adobe. I click the link to Adobe, and it says "Sorry, you need Flash Player to visit this site"  ::) :D

My old Motorola was lightyears ahead of this thing in so many ways.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

Dave Shepard

Nah, I've been busy all afternoon. I'll just email the photo to myself and then download it to the desktop and then upload it to the Forum. :D I can't even hook up the USB cable and move photos to the PC. ::) And Samsung is an industry leader?  :-X

Thanks for the links, I appreciate it. If I get a chance I'll check it out, but I'm too busy of late to worry too much about it. I'll probably just take the micro SD out and mass move them onto the PC.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

clearcut

I use Dropbox to upload photos from my phone (Samsung Nexus S) to the desktop. It is set up to automatically upload new photos to a folder (Camera Uploads) whenever the phone is on a WiFi network.  You can set it up to upload over the cell network. Dropbox automatically syncs files across devices Mac OS, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android. Makes a smart phone even smarter. I use the free version. Paid versions give you more storage.

http://www.dropbox.com

if you use my referral link, we both get an additional 500 MB of free storage:

http://db.tt/CZStWIfH

Unless you really need it for a specific purpose, I would avoid installing Adobe Flash Player on a mobile device. It's no longer supported on Android and is buggy. Flash is considered a security risk.

Carbon sequestered upon request.

SwampDonkey

There must be some troubles with Flash because Firefox had disabled it here as well as NoScript. I'll check around to see what's up.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

rather than use the flash uploader on the upoad page, choose the simple uploader. That is what I have to use with the razr.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: clearcut on June 22, 2013, 02:35:43 AM
I use Dropbox to upload photos from my phone (Samsung Nexus S) to the desktop. It is set up to automatically upload new photos to a folder (Camera Uploads) whenever the phone is on a WiFi network.  You can set it up to upload over the cell network. Dropbox automatically syncs files across devices Mac OS, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android. Makes a smart phone even smarter. I use the free version. Paid versions give you more storage.

http://www.dropbox.com

if you use my referral link, we both get an additional 500 MB of free storage:

http://db.tt/CZStWIfH

Unless you really need it for a specific purpose, I would avoid installing Adobe Flash Player on a mobile device. It's no longer supported on Android and is buggy. Flash is considered a security risk.

I'd be interested in learning how to do this upload to dropbox from my smart phone.

Can you either provide a link or the step by step to do it?

Jim Rogers

PS I already have a dropbox.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Stephen1

Jim go to settings in dropbox, upload section, I have mine set for wifi only.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jim_Rogers

I'm trying to do this.
Do I download the app to my smart phone and do it in there, or my desktop or both?
Jim

Edit:
I got it to work. It up loaded some photos I had to my dropbox folder on my desktop.
Works for me.

Thanks

Jim_Rogers

Here is a picture from my phone.

It is of my mother right after we got back from the Hairdresser on Monday.

She will be 94 on 7/11/13

Jim Rogers

Magicman

Thanks for the wonderful picture of your Mother. 

She is older than I am because my Birthday is not until the 14th.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stephen1

Your mom looks lovely ...You do need the app on the phone.
Were you able to get the photo from dropbox to the FF
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jeff

Did you try the simple uploader for direct to forum from phone?

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Jeff on June 22, 2013, 08:51:20 AM
Did you try the simple uploader for direct to forum from phone?

No, I didn't understand how to do that. Is there some instructions written up that I can read about how to do that?

I don't do a lot with my "new" smart phone.

I like not having to email the pictures to myself, that was a real pain.

Lots of times I crop the pictures and/or resize them to make them smaller and easier to upload and view.

My desktop hooks up to a router by wire, but the router is a wireless router for my laptop, and now smart phone. Using the dropbox app on my smart phone to transfer to my desktop is very nice and it seemed to work well.

Jim Rogers

Jeff

Not much needed for instructions. Simply go to the gallery on your phone, go to the upload page, and look for the drop down list that gives you a choice between flash uploader and simple uploader. Choose the simple, slect an album to put the photo in, then browse to the picture on your phone.

Dave Shepard

Jeff

Try getting a firefox or chrome browser. Some of the native browsers on those phones don't work.

Warbird

For the record, I agree with what others have said regarding NOT installing Flash on your phone if you can help it.  Adobe has had significant issues with all things Java related over the last 6 months or so.  Flash has been targeted, too.