iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Always chock tires

Started by PAFaller, June 21, 2013, 10:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAFaller

Learned a hard lesson a painful way yesterday afternoon. Changing the pinion U-joint in my 2500 dodge diesel it rolled on to my right shoulder pinning me to the ground. Was able to claw myself out and chase the truck to a stop before any damage occurred to it. Friend took me to the ER as I was home alone, doc says Im lucky to be built like a  half barrel I guess. Nothing broken, maybe a few little stress cracks from all the weight, but just a really sore right pectoral muscle and shoulder. Should be feeling better in a week I hope. It was a stupid mistake on my part, and to say I know better would be an understatement. As a logger I never work without the proper safety gear and feel I always take the proper precautions. I had a lot on my mind yesterday as I was supposed to be taking a road trip today and just got sidetracked. Ive also replaced this same u-joint before so wasnt really thinking too much, as its a pretty straightforward job. Shows you can never be too careful.
It ain't easy...

beenthere

Glad to hear you can mend easily. Having your head stuck under that tire would have been a real "headache".
Keep thanking your lucky stars....  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

We've already lost one member from a rolling vehicle, we don't need to lose another.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,12606.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

Chocks and jack stands-ALWAYS use them!

Glad there was not any serious damage done to you. ::)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

red

I had a neighbor do the same thing . . get healthy !
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

You will be sore for a few days. Lucky that is all you got. Things happen sometimes and most times fast too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

~Ron

sawguy21

Quote from: Jeff on June 21, 2013, 11:36:57 AM
We've already lost one member from a rolling vehicle, we don't need to lose another.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,12606.0.html
Hard to believe it's been eight years. :'( Glad to know you are o.k, it could have been a lot worse. I pulled a similar stunt, too cheap to buy jack stands so used cinder blocks. Same result.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!