iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What I think the world needs!

Started by etat, April 28, 2004, 09:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

I think the whole world needs a break from working.

I suggest that the entire world take a week off. From work. Just drop everything where it's at and take off. From war. From all BS. From TV too, since no one will be working.  No one at all doing anything that wasn't FUN! .

Fill  up our gas tanks, stock our fridges and pantries. Take a week off. Meet our neighbors. Plant our plants. Talk to each other. Fish. See the Country.  Stare at the stars.  Look for pictures in the clouds. Chase a rainbow. Play games.Think. Ponder. Philosophize, Rest, and Relax. Just one whole week.  Seven days, what'd be the harm?
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

J_T

Sorry Dr. Ive been doing that for a long time now :D :DWife said I need to go to sawing in a serious way :o says I stop and talk to much ;D
Jim Holloway

Percy

QuoteI think the whole world needs a break from working.

I suggest that the entire world take a week off. From work. Just drop everything where it's at and take off. From war. From all BS. From TV too, since no one will be working.  No one at all doing anything that wasn't FUN! .

Fill  up our gas tanks, stock our fridges and pantries. Take a week off. Meet our neighbors. Plant our plants. Talk to each other. Fish. See the Country.  Stare at the stars.  Look for pictures in the clouds. Chase a rainbow. Play games.Think. Ponder. Philosophize, Rest, and Relax. Just one whole week.  Seven days, what'd be the harm?

I think if you could get the message out and if absolutly everyone took the week off, crooks included, a lot of us might  be able see what needs to be done to make the world a better place for all.  :)
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Patty

We try real hard to do just that on our Sundays. Do whatever we feel like doing, or doing nothing at all. It is a great feeling of freedom & relaxation.

When the kids were little and before we ran our own business, we were granted vacation time. Hmmmm, vacation, what a concept!  Anyway, for our vacation time we would head south to Missouri to go fishing on Truman Lake. It was heaven! Laying on the boat watching the clouds drift by, catching some crappie for supper, catfishing at night, heading over to Bennet Springs for some trout fishing... I'd forgotten how fun those days were.

I think you have a fine idea there CK, having a week with no responsibilities, except to relax, would do this old world some good.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sawwood

Sounds great CK. Two months ago i took off and flew
 out to Phoenix to see my Sister and Brother. Did just
 what i wanted. Sleeped in couple of morrings. Boy was
 it a good week. May have to plan on doing that a couple
 of times a year.

Sawwoo
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

shopteacher

Hey Ck, ya got my vote. Ole Butch been doing that all his life and just look how well he looks. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

etat

Redpowered, I Been thinking about this and the problems involved, specially with the cows.  After much unrest, concern and tossing in my sleep I studied and contemplated on your dilimena. . THEN it hit me, like a lighting bolt out of a clear blue sky!!!  

JT, you are indeed one of the fortunate few.  It absolutely sounds like you enjoy your sawing and have reached a fortunate positition in your life that many, including myself, would envy. Every day time to talk, joke and enjoy life.  Yes you are indeed one of the  fortunate few. However it sounds like you have a small problem with your wife insisting that you work harder.  You need a vacation from that!!!

This brings us back to the very real concerns of Redpowered.  What about the cows.  I of course absolutely agree that they can NOT be ignored for a week.  And yet, it is PAINFULLY obvious that you absolutely NEED that week off.  Just as do I, and 99.9 percent of the rest of the WORLD.  Since that JT has not only stated, but absolutely proved, at least in my mind, that he enjoys the privilidges of enjoying life every day, I will be VOLUNTEERING him to come to your farm and take care of your cows!  FOR A WHOLE WEEK!!!!!!  

JT, you'll be helping your fellow man who is in need, and your wife can watch you take care of the cows and take a rest from nagging you to saw!!!!  After a week of this you can go back to sawing and enjoying life.  Problem solved!!!!!! :)

Next?????
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

firtol88

Seems to me almost all the big problems come down to cultural differences, we should just stay the DanG away from each other. That would make too much sense though so we'll continue to jam all these square pegs into rounds holes in the names of inclusion and tolerance. ::)
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

Swede

cktate;

That idea I really like! :) Would You please tell the tax authority who called me today, asking for another $7330 I don´t have but they want tomorrow.

Let´s dump the world in Fla_d.:s  toilet and go fishing!  8)

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Swede

Fla._D. Of course I´ll help You up from there first! Don´t You want go fishing?  :D :D :D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)

Fla._Deadheader

Swede, I haven't been fishin in so long, I doubt if I could get a line to hit the water ::) ::)

That IS a good idea, though ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

etat

QuoteSeems to me almost all the big problems come down to cultural differences

Not so sure about that one.  Another way to look at it is we can learn about the cultures and their ways.  Perhaps the more we, and they understood and learned about each other the better would all of us benefit.  A week off of visiting and recreation, no pressure,  we might find out  that we're not as different as we think.  And even if we are, at least we'd understand why and might come to some harmony.

Swede, tell the tax guy we're all gonna be taking a  week off!!!!!  Maybe he'll like the idea too!!! :).  

Fla., with me and my buddy Swede and You fishing, I'll bet that hook would jump right from the end of yer pole in the water like it was trained!  Shoot the fish might as well just go ahead and jump in the boat.  I KNOW it'd be fun.  

............p.s.  can yall tell I need a vacation!!!!

woodman

Ya sounds good but who milkes the cows. :)
Jim Cripanuk

etat

JT's done vollunteered for Redpowered, shoot, we just might hafta get somebody to loan him a really fast truck so's he can get around and milk everybodies cows!!!!!  I got confidence in ya JT, I KNOW you can do it!!!! 8)

Tom

My neighbor has a rooster that needs woke up. ;D

shopteacher

Thought you were going to say your neighbor had a rooster that needed milked.  Don't know if J_T could handle that or not.

J_T

Never milked a cow in my life hands got arther  ??? But we could herd em over to Jeff's house might be thare in time for the bar bq ;D Use to haul milk back when they put it in 10gl cans . Wouldn' drink that stuff no way ::) Thats the color Id be.
Jim Holloway

oldsaw-addict

I'm in for the week off, lets go! whadda ya waitin fer? I'll go get the poles and someone else get the tackle and bait and we'll all go fishin. sound good? good, now put down that infernal tv remote and lets get going. :D :D
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Swede

Fla._D. Well, we need anyone drop and weigh the anchor. But You NEED to drop it OUTSIDE the rail or we all have to swim.  8)  Just hit the water isn´t good enough!

cktate. Today I get another month from the tax guy. I think my bookkeeper have made anything wrong. If not I´ll make an other deal with Fla._D. where to dump the anchor and I can´t swim.  :-/

Swede.

J_T

Tom our Rooster never sleeps Shopteacher you ever try to get a milk stool under a chicken ??? Sorry mised you guy's last night but Dr Roof had me all shook up with all that four letter talk you know like (WORK)
Jim Holloway

firtol88

I'm in for the fishing but where we gonna get the dynamite?  ???
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

etat

Change the subject for just a minute, I'll get back to it later, still trying to figure out where we're gonna get the dynamite ??? and how I can convince JT that he can handle all them cows. ;)  Come on JT, it's only a week!!! :) Oh, Tom, if that ole rooster don't wanta wake up just let him sleep!!!!! 8)

A truck driver would amuse himself by running over lawyers. Whenever he saw a lawyer walking down the side of the road he would swerve to hit him, enjoy the load, satisfying "THUMP", and then swerve back onto the road.

(at this point some of you are probably wondering how the trucker could distinguish the lawyers from the humans. Obviously he saw the trail of slime they left!)
One day, as the truck driver was driving along he saw a priest hitchhiking. He thought he would do a good turn and pulled the truck over.

He asked the priest, "Where are you going, Father?"

"I'm going to the church 5 miles down the road," replied the priest.

"No problem, Father! I'll give you a lift. Climb in the truck." The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the truck driver continued down the road.

Suddenly the truck driver saw a lawyer walking down the road and instinctively he swerved to hit him. But then he remembered there was a priest in the truck with him, so at the last minute he swerved back away, narrowly missing the lawyer. However even though he was certain he missed the lawyer, he still heard a loud "THUD". Not understanding where the noise came from he glanced in his mirrors and when he didn't see anything, he turned to the priest and said, "I'm sorry Father. I almost hit that lawyer."

"That's okay", replied the priest. "I got him with the door!"  
;D

shopteacher

CK: I take it you don't have a very high opinion of lawyers. I think your in the majority here, but I think them boys might be getting a bad rap. You know they spend lots of time and money going to Harvard and Yale and other fancy prep schools and have to crack the books pretty hard ta get through. Then there's the bar they have to pass to become an official purveyor of laws and justice.
  It's mighty hard work working for an insurance firm and trying to figure how to screw an old couple out of there life savings and at the same time look for loopholes to keep the criminals on the streets so the police have something to keep them busy and working. Then they have to go up against their brethren and do battle (at 350.00 an hour) and be overseen by another lawyer in a black robe. ( I think there was another close knit group, but they wore white robes.)
  Why I could go on and on about their good deeds but don't want to take up valuable server space to applaud all their good deeds (besides have to be careful might be one lurking about and don't want to be sued).
   Why you ever try to weasel a weasel? You got to be pretty slick and I guess that's where the slime trail comes from.

Thank You Sponsors!