iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Badford Pear and Walnut Bowl

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, June 20, 2013, 09:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I thought this was pretty neat. I had never seen a bowl made from Bradford Pear......but I have now.
The guy you see behind me turned this bowl from a Pear blank he had kiln dried. The lid is made of Walnut.
Very unique legs on the bowl....... the very tips of each leg have a small piece of Walnut on them.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tyb525

Bowls like that with legs are really neat...I've tried making a few small ones, without lids, and nowhere near as good as those. The very first thing I turned on my lathe was from Bradford Pear. It turned really well, but the turning was just a cylinder :D. I wish I had more of it!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Very cool!

BTW, I have some extra hats if you need any.  (Looks like some kind of cat stepped in mud, then stepped on your cap, ruining it.  A bulldog will keep those cats out of your yard.)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on June 21, 2013, 06:31:50 AM
Very cool!

BTW, I have some extra hats if you need any.  (Looks like some kind of cat stepped in mud, then stepped on your cap, ruining it.  A bulldog will keep those cats out of your yard.)

Are you sure it wasn't a Gator that got to that cap? If so, them Bulldogs will have a real fight on their paws...

Herb

drobertson

Quote from: WDH on June 21, 2013, 06:31:50 AM
Very cool!

:D :D  I reckon it wouldn't be proper to mention a Gamecock ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: drobertson on June 23, 2013, 12:13:32 PM
I reckon it wouldn't be proper to mention a Gamecock ;D

Hey Jack.....this is a family Forum.

Magicman

???  Are we still talking about the hat ??    ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 23, 2013, 04:52:00 PM
???  Are we still talking about the hat ??    ;D

:D :D :D I was referring to the word Gamecock.

Magicman

Oh I knew what you were referring to,

but just to keep you honest......
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You just wait 'til WDH see your Gamecocks.  :rifle:

bama20a

That is one nice bowl :o,But it has to come up sooner or later,HOW MUCH GRITS WILL THAT BOWL HOLD? :P
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: bama20a on June 23, 2013, 06:51:10 PM
That is one nice bowl :o,But it has to come up sooner or later,HOW MUCH GRITS WILL THAT BOWL HOLD? :P

Never measure Grits by the bowl.....measure by the pot.  ;D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Wick

That's funny because I say the same thing.... Hey man, something stepped on your hat  :D !!!
Timber Harvester 30HT25

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ya'll need to stick a red ball on your nose and join the Circus.

You're killing me. Encore.....Encore.  smiley_clapping

WDH

You eat chickens, don't you  ???.  Better not eat the cats, people will think that you are weird. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on June 24, 2013, 09:05:58 PM
You eat chickens, don't you  ???.  Better not eat the cats, people will think that you are weird.

I'm not worried. You told me after a while the cats get locked up.  :)

Magicman

Anyway they only make hot tamales out of cats.   ;D

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Magicman on June 24, 2013, 10:05:11 PM
Anyway they only make hot tamales out of cats.   ;D

I thought cat was the protean ingredient in egg rolls...

Herb

Magicman

Wow, a multicultural food source.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!