iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big logs to cut in the morning....

Started by boman1, June 14, 2013, 11:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boman1

I have about 10 more this size to cut tomorrow..... swing by if you want to saw a few.....:-)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You really should consider sleeping with those logs tonight so no one will steal them.  :D

Those are some BIG 'UNS!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Piston

It would be quite a commute for me....I guess I'll just have to look at all the pictures your going to post of the job tomorrow.  ;D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

boman1

I was going to use my edger on this job....I started it up....wouldn't you know it the water pump started leaking. I'll have to just run the ol Super 40 on these big uns.... 

Nomad

That log is enough to make me drool.  What are you cutting them into?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

thecfarm

That is a nice picture. And log. How did the loader like that log?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Nice! 8)

I cut a few Hemlock "about" that size last year.

Really makes one appreciate the hydraulics!

Good luck on the job Bowman1!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

slider

Nice log ,but your going to run out of rail before you finish your cut if you don't shift it back a bit.
al glenn

opticsguy

hydraulics?   What are hydraulics?

TK1220 . . . . .

TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

bandmiller2

If no one is looking cheat and cut a little off the far end so your band can clear the log. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

I see that it can be moved forward ~a foot.  With the log dawg working you will get it done, but that will be a day's work.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

boman1

The loader didn't hesitate! You boys do have a keen eye...I hadn't finished positioning the log to start cutting...it needed to move back about 10". We cutting it into barn lumber for a friend.

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 14, 2013, 11:23:08 PM
You really should consider sleeping with those logs tonight so no one will steal them.  :D

If you were in Georgia, you can sleep with them on the porch at night with the heat and the bugs.  Next morning, you would cut them up as firewood so that you would not have to sleep with them another night :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

boman1

My friend de-dusting before we stack them on his trailer. Our "help" never showed up....so he and I worked alone.20's are a pain with no help:-) 

Magicman

Maybe the "help" showed up early and saw the logs.   smiley_horserider
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Migal

Quote from: Magicman on June 15, 2013, 09:10:35 PM
Maybe the "help" showed up early and saw the logs.   smiley_horserider

:D Dat's a good one MM I will admit I like sawing long boards but do agree with the pain part as well when handling!
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Magicman

MotorSeven

Awesome log! That tractor desperately needs a set of forks for sawmill work....I swear I use my forks more than any other implement or attachment....priceless.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

rmack

Quote from: Magicman on June 16, 2013, 07:53:57 AM

2¼"X12"X20' Cypress.  HEAVY

Magicman, is that your mill with no seat on it?
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Magicman

Probably dusting.   :)

Because the Operator's Seat takes 2', it has to be removed to saw 20' logs.  18½' is the longest that you can saw with the seat installed.

Thank You Sponsors!