iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig Roast 2013

Started by Raider Bill, June 14, 2013, 11:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Here we go folks it's getting close to Pig Roast time!!!

This is the 10th anniversary roast. If you've never been Jeff and Tammy put on a class act 8)

So to start it off

Raider Bill 1 at this time maybe 2 depending...

Hey! It's time to start planning if you have not.  :)  Who's planning on coming? 

The Date for the 10th annual  Pigroast this year is August 3rd 2013

Area Motels

Area Camping

Tentative Schedule:
Friday evening is a boiled dinner around 6 for people that are there early to visit and help prepare. Anyone is welcome

Saturday morning is Breakfast at 8 am for anyone that wants to be here, Pancakes and sausage. We consider that the beginning of the day.  Actual pig feast is usually noonish or shortly there after.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

LeeB

At the risk of jinxing myself, Lee and Lindy, 3 and 4. Made reservations at the Lakeside, Sherwood Cottage. Seems I heard a couple of bad reviews from someone in the past. Hope everything is better now.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

martyinmi

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Raider Bill

Quote from: LeeB on June 14, 2013, 12:29:07 PM
At the risk of jinxing myself, Lee and Lindy, 3 and 4. Made reservations at the Lakeside, Sherwood Cottage. Seems I heard a couple of bad reviews from someone in the past. Hope everything is better now.

I believe Pigman had some issues.

I've stayed there 3 times even the Sherwood a couple years ago. It's small very dated but provides
the 3 S's  and is close to Jeff's;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

Shaving was interesting at Lakeside when we stayed there.  The sink faced a window, you had to turn around to get to the mirror, then back around, then back around, etc.  Like Bill said, dated, old, but it is what it is.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pigman

The only issue I had with Lakeside was they charged us for burning a small hole in a chair with a cigarette, but since neither my wife nor myself smoke, someone must have broke in our room to light up. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

gspren

Kay and I will be 7 & 8!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Corley5

Four from here makes 12  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

trapper

My wife Joyce and I should add up to be 14.  We plan on coming from Wi by way of niagra falls with a stop in Lima Ohio for the national trappers convention..
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Weekend_Sawyer

Jon and Diane 15 &16
...unless my boss makes other plans for me. ::)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Cedarman

Me, Myself and I plan to be there making17.  We eat like there are 3 of us.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

OneWithWood

Linnea and I will make it 19.  We are staying at a new to us place called the Deer Trail Motel.  About a mile further away from Jeff's but the place we used to stay at has been going steadily down hill over the years.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

diggerman20

Where is the Pig Roast....newer to this forum

Texas Ranger

Just up the road a piece.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Pull up a stump. Interested in the BA sawmill activity.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Quote from: diggerman20 on June 17, 2013, 09:04:40 AM
Where is the Pig Roast....newer to this forum

Not far from you at all.  :) Harrison Mi.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Wildflower

Since it rather close to our location,Tammy, Jeff, Stacy + 1, Jeremy +1, Steve, Jill will be there, so I guess that makes about 27. :D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

fat olde elf

28 is a nice round number. Fat Olde Elf will be there.......
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

tyb525

I'll be there as of right now, and Grace will probably come along too. So that makes it 30.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

jmouton

me   (jim)  and  my girlfreind  (diane)   and my sawmill  partner  (brian)    will be  there  rain or shine,  preferably  shine  but I am sure it will be fun  ,  just have a question for you jeff  , what do we need to bring with us  , I am guessing its byob  but what else ,  oh  and what about directions to get there ,,   

thanks  ,    jim

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Wildflower

Jim,
Our address is
3210 Bischoff
Harrison, MI 48625

This is a family setting, beer is allowed, but discreetly. And some people bring door prizes or a dish to pass but neither is required. We provide the pig and fixens , coffee and soft drinks.

Anything else just ask. :)

Tammy (aka Wildflower)

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Tam-i-am

3 from Logrite.
Of course we will be bringing Logrite Brownies! 
and some other items for door prizes.

the question is are we really going to have a demo day?  Are we making firewood of those trees? :D

30 + 3 (jmouton) + 3 logrites = 36 Total
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!