iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

IT'S HATCHET TIME!

Started by Jeff, June 11, 2013, 07:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Thank you John Neeman and Autine Tools for your support of the Forestry Forum! :)

This auction is for the John Neeman Hatchet.

Overall length: (13") 330 mm
Weight: (1.5 lbs) 680 g
Cutting edge: (3,7") 94 mm
Hardness: 59-60 (HRC)
Handle material: Elm

AUCTION LINK:
https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=support

Link for more information on these support auctions:

Pay it forward Auctions
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,66718.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JohnM

Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

pappy19

I am trying to bid but my forestry forum handle and password isn't working. Is it different? What do I need to do to make a bid?

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

WDH

Don't even try Pappy.  It is fruitless.  The hatchet is mine.......   Don't waste your time or money  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

Right Danny, if'n he bids he is just costing you money.... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Like I said, fruitless.  Like a dioecious persimmon that is a boy, it is fruitless  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

Quote from: pappy19 on June 11, 2013, 08:18:45 PM
I am trying to bid but my forestry forum handle and password isn't working. Is it different? What do I need to do to make a bid?

Pap

Go in and register for the auction, as the FF handle and password won't work for the auction.
https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=support&item=1371856921

Go to the bottom to register.

Don't be afraid of Danny... ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: pappy19 on June 11, 2013, 08:18:45 PM
What do I need to do to make a bid?

Pap

Pappy, send your money to me and I will apply it toward the hatchet.  ;D
You can trust me.....because I like you.  smiley_thumbsup_grin
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

doctorb

These auctions remind me of a NBA game.  Only need to watch the last few minutes.  Though I don't think this will be decided by FREE throws. ;). Run 'er up, boys,  all for a good cause. Just remember, an unknown unheralded benchwarmer can come off the pine, get hot, and win it.  See you at the finish line!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

whiteflag_smiley go_away poston-smiley you will be  smiley_sweat_drop at the end because the  wheeliechair has the $$$.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I'll be a watching. Watch the fouling.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 12, 2013, 08:09:18 AM
whiteflag_smiley go_away poston-smiley you will be  smiley_sweat_drop at the end because the  wheeliechair has the $$$.

Good 1.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

doctorb

Had to place a bid this AM to make sure that my signin/password worked.  Goodbye for now....but not forever. ;)

Magicman

From the looks of that pitiful bid, it is obvious that you do not have enough $$$.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

That Magicman is cutting to the chase.  :D  I'm not messing with him.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doctorb

It's not the size of the bid ...... the fact that it's there is message enough.

Magicman

Jeff

You guys did notice, this auction is running longer. I added some days to it so it would end on a weekend. :) I meant to make it end Saturday, but I guess I counted my fingers wrong.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

I can see it now, me walking through the woods with my new bow AND hatchet!  Doc what'd you say about those benchwarmers?  ;D

doctorb

I usually don't make predictions, because I am not very good at it.  But I think the hatchet may garner more attention, and thus a higher winning bid, than the previous 2 axes.  There are many uses for a hatchet, even one that is so nice in craftmanship that you are hesitant to use.  I view this as a most competetive auction, and that's a good thing for the Forum.

There once was an auction for a hatchet,
With blade so sharp none could match it.
With big dreams of owning,
The members kept groaning,
And upward the bids they did ratchet.

Texas Ranger

DanG,

when DocB starts Rhyming,
and his star is shining'
Texans start running,
bidding agin the doc ain't funing.
His is a matter of timing.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tee

More biddin', less wrappin'. It's starting to sound like the hood up in here.

mad murdock

Quote from: Jeff on June 12, 2013, 09:42:28 AM
You guys did notice, this auction is running longer. I added some days to it so it would end on a weekend. :) I meant to make it end Saturday, but I guess I counted my fingers wrong.
I hope it wasn't from "fingering" with the hatchet, Mr. Neeman makes some mighty sharp tools!! 8) 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!