iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bow making

Started by Klicker, June 11, 2013, 05:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klicker

The first one should be of a student marking out a bow. The second one is putinstring nocks on her bow. Third one is of two students with there bows.

2006 LT 40 HD

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JohnM

As I said in my early emails to you, Klicker, I wish I were closer to you.  I'd take your class in a minute.  Will have to get up there some day.  What kind of wood?

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

Who is in the middle of the 2 students,you?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Klicker

John I start  everyone with Ash as it makes a good bow and the grain is easy to follow.
Thecfarm yes
2006 LT 40 HD

Klicker

A little info about me and bow making.

**Selfbow: A bow made completely from a single piece of wood

Rodney Spencer of Free Spirit Farm will teach a bow building class at Seaport Market on Sundays during February and March 2013.  Participants will begin with a piece of  FSC certified Nova Scotia white ash and create their own selfbow by carving and shaping the wood into a bow custom made for their draw length. The class will meet on Sundays from 11 to 3 in the cruise corridor beginning on Feb 17th.  Class fee of $170.00 includes all materials, use of workbenches and tools, written instructions and personal hands-on instruction.  Participants will also receive an Introduction to Archery manual. Class size is limited to five students, and participants can expect to complete their bow in three weeks or less.  A waiting list will be maintained for people who want to join the class as space becomes available.

A lifelong traditional archer and experienced bowyer, Rodney led bow building courses for a number of years at the annual primitive archery shoot held by New Annan Archers.  Rodney is also a Canadian Certified Level 1 Archery Coach and a Certified International Bowhunting Instructor.
2006 LT 40 HD

JohnM

Rod, we should go to the Poke and Hope some year (not this one :D).  State championship is 22nd of Sept, even that'd be iffy for me.  I need to start shooting again though..... ::)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Klicker

I would  recamend anyone that can go to the Poke and Hope should it is a great time. But it is the same weekend as the TAANS shoot here. The TAANS shoot is the best shoot on the east coast up here.
2006 LT 40 HD

Thank You Sponsors!