iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Suprise!!!

Started by sandhills, June 09, 2013, 03:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Well it was suppose to be but we all kind of knew something was up  ;).  Some neighbors and close friends of ours both turn fifty this year and I just turned fourty so my wife and their daughter got together and put one heck of a party on for all three of us, complete with a hundred or so people, a band, and yes GREAT food at the neighbors shop.  I'll put in a few pics and one is a gift my wife got for me that I'm pretty proud of  ;D

The guy tat made the bow and arrows also made one for my stepson a year or two ago, I love it!

The chefs for the evening, eating don't get no better than that  :)

A really nice bunch of friends and neighbors.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Picnic tables on wheels.....now I like that.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

That is a nice setup and what a way to handle a crowd of hungry folks.   :)

I thought for a second that she had gotten you that kerosene lamp that you have always wanted.   :D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Happy Birthday to you all! Looks like a really great time was had by all. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

8) 8) 8) Happy Birthday! And not sure how wouldn't be happy with this!  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Roxie

That looks like fun!  Happy Birthday!   8)
Say when

Mooseherder

Klicker

Who made the bow what is the draw weight and what kind of wood. 8)
2006 LT 40 HD

thecfarm

Tables on wheels,lots of food,lots of people. I like all three.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

Gotta love people like that. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

Quote from: Klicker on June 09, 2013, 08:17:00 PM
Who made the bow what is the draw weight and what kind of wood. 8)

The guy in the middle made the bow, arrows, and string, he lives in a little apartment in Lincoln Ne. everything is pretty much done by hand.  The bow is hickory and the arrows are Douglas fir, not sure how he makes the string.  The draw weight is 45# at 29" it'll make a man out of you if you try to hold it back too long  ;) and yes I had to try it out :).  Think I've posted it before but this is the one he made for my stepson

He's a good friend of my stepson's and a very much "do it yourselfer", he really does nice work but has had some trouble getting his bows right, mine was #4 that actually came out right and held together.  By the way did I mention I love it?  :)

Klicker

Self bows are fun to build. Enjoy it and they need to be shot a lot. I have a couple but I only shoot them enough  to keep them flexible.
2006 LT 40 HD

Norm

Sounds like a great time!

sandhills

Quote from: Klicker on June 10, 2013, 07:07:58 AM
Self bows are fun to build. Enjoy it and they need to be shot a lot. I have a couple but I only shoot them enough  to keep them flexible.
Do you have any pictures?  I'd like to see them, what kind of wood do you use?

sandhills

Quote from: Klicker on June 10, 2013, 07:07:58 AM

Klicker

I am not any good with a computer or typing. I tried to load a few photos with no luck >Please don't tell me how easy it is. It means  trying to use this thing and I could be out side shooting arrows. I will get to it some time. Sandhills I am sending you a link You can post it if  you want.
2006 LT 40 HD

sandhills

Thanks for sending that Klicker, that looks like a lot of fun I'd love to try it!  Not sure if i know how to move the link to here I'm about as inept with these things as one can be.  I know a lot of folks here would really enjoy seeing that so I'll give it a try when i have a little more time, thanks again.

Klicker

If it ok to posts link to Facebook  I will try to night
2006 LT 40 HD

beenthere

Klicker
Ok  I won't tell you it is easy ....  ;D 

Here is a link to some help to walk you through it, in steps.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html

It is tough, but a few have made the passage. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandhills

Ok, no luck so I just wrote it down, I hope this is ok with administration, if not feel free to modify as necessary.  The link Klicker sent me is NOTE FROM ADMIN: LINKS TO OFFSITE PHOTOS ARE NOT ALLOWED if that does any good  ??? thanks again for the pictures, I really think that is neat!

Klicker

Benthere done that. I agree posting on here is not bad. But I still have to get them into the computer size them find them to post.
2006 LT 40 HD

Jeff

The forum will resize the photos for you on upload. No need to resize.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Klicker

2006 LT 40 HD

sandhills

I was afraid of that, sorry Jeff.  Great job on the pictures though Klicker in your thread, I'd love to take your class.

Thank You Sponsors!