iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mitsubishi MXR 35

Started by maple flats, June 09, 2013, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

I bought a 1989 Mitsubishi MXR 35 a few years ago. When I was looking to buy it I went online and discovered the Mitsubishi and Caterpillar were linked somehow, and the Cat was the source for Mitsubishi parts. Without checking further I bought the machine, knowing it needed undercarriage parts. After getting it home I got a list up of needed parts and called the local Cat dealer. I was told they only have or can get parts for 12,000# and up for Mitsubishi, mine is only about 8000#. I ended up having a friend make some of the parts on his lathe.
I have searched online but have been unable to find a dealer any where in the world. Can anyone give me a lead for parts for this excavator. In addition to the traditional digging this was designed for, I like to load my sawmill with it. I can lift a big log and place it exactly where I need it using the excavator. I still need some undercarriage parts, such as track rollers and the only ones I found and ordered one was not even close even though they dealer said it will work.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

giant splinter

Berco has what you need:
                                         www.bercoamerica.com

Another place for parts and ground engaging tools is: www.cuttingedgesupply.com
roll with it

maple flats

THanks, I just emailed Berco. I'll let you know if they have or can get what I need.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

I forgot to mention another use I have for the 8000# excavator. When I am cutting trees of any size I use it to help make the tree go where I want it. I used to very rarely have a tree fall in a direction I didn't intend but since I started using the excavator I've had none go the wrong way. I drive the excavator up near a tree with the blade away from the tree. I then raise the bucket almost all the way to push. I then apply pressure until the machine first starts to tilt ever so slightly. I then put the blade down which applies the most pressure this machine can. I then cut normally, with my 2 escape routes clear, at 45 degrees away from the intended fall. I make a good open face cut and then cut from the rear. I have wedges ready but have not needed them in the 3-4 years using this method. If I am cutting with my grandson, one cuts and the other runs the excavator to give slightly more push as it first starts to go. This method was not in Game of Logging but I sure like it and believe it is far safer than without. The excavator does have a very sturdy roll guard with crash roof to guard against falling debris.

Thank You Sponsors!