iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

colonial style round table

Started by Polly, June 09, 2013, 08:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polly

:)   my wife wants a colonial style round cherry dining table for our anniversary .  i have got cherry lumber that has been stickered  in the barn 5 or 6 years  but i do not have the woodworking ability to build a table ,question is ,does anyone know someone who does ,say within 100 miles of northern ky . i know this kind of work is not cheap , i thought some of you all might be in the business of doing this ,the lumber is sawed 4/4 i think 8ft long 6 or 8 inch width  thanks you all have a good day   

DanG

I don't know if he is still doing that sort of stuff, but Pigman would be my guy if he is.  He's in N. Kentucky too. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

Thanks Dan, but I am retired. ;)  Also very lazy. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jay C. White Cloud

Hi Polly,

I have been looking for you, but all the young fellows I know and have taught traditional wood working are engaged at the moment.  I will keep checking for you.

In the interim, if you don't mind me asking, why won't you tackle this yourself?  What you will pay in labor for something like this in a traditional colonial style, would pay for some really nice hand tools and I can think of a few specialty power tools (that are still had operated) that would get in done pretty quick.  I would be glad to talk you through it, I might even be able to through in a Sketchup CAD drawing 1650 to 1790 example, if I can find the file.  You will get all kinds of support from the folk here at FF as well.

Warm Regards,

jay
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Thank You Sponsors!