iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My lucky day

Started by lyle niemi, June 08, 2013, 01:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

I started to lok around for an edger the other day and I found one this morning. The best part was the the fella told me I can just come and take it away! Its gonna need some work but the price was right..lol

PC-Urban-Sawyer

If I had a mill, I'd be happy to pay you twice what you paid for that edger.  :D

Herb

John_Haylow

That is a good find. When was it used last? Keep us posted on your restoration.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

beenthere

Indeed, your lucky day.  You have a good nose when you go nosing around.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

steve phillips

looks like fun to me
good fine
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

GDinMaine

I must admit that I know very little to nothing about edgers.  Does that have  two adjustable sets of blades so you can preset two board widths?  I can see how that would allow for some very fast edging of different width flitches.  Guessing here.  Cool piece of equipment tho.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

lyle niemi

Quote from: GDinMaine on June 08, 2013, 10:54:10 PM
I must admit that I know very little to nothing about edgers.  Does that have  two adjustable sets of blades so you can preset two board widths?  I can see how that would allow for some very fast edging of different width flitches.  Guessing here.  Cool piece of equipment tho.
we are in the same boat about edgers, Once I get it home and in the shop we will learn together..lol I hope to get it home tomorrow or monday

5quarter

Looks like a a gang resaw. That's amazing that you got that FOR FREE!!  8) 8) At the rate you seem to get things done, you should have that up and working by tuesday.  :(
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Peter Drouin

Nice, and good luck 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

slider

Nice find Lyle now let's see some smoke.
al glenn

customdave

Hey Lyle , good find, be neat to giter going , have fun play safe...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

swampbuggy

Sweet find 8) 8) 8) 8). Can't wait to see the paint job!
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

lyle niemi

I braved the mud and got the edger at home and in the shop. The F140 continental engine didnt start right off because it had 2 stuck valves. Dave and I did our majic and got the valves unstuck without taking anything apart and got the old motor to purr like a kitten. We even run a few edging boards threw it to see what would happen, everything did what it was supposed to do. In the morning Im going to give the teeth a sharpening and try a few more boards. Dave had taken a video and I hope he can post it for me on here cause I aint know how to do it..lol

Knute

You are lucky. That looks like a heavy duty unit.

beenthere

You two guys border on "unreal" when it comes to kickin some life back in to old things.
Looks like it got a new muffler, and now an exhaust cover too. 

Please, run that video in slow motion so's we can tell what you are doing, as you must be moving at a real fast pace. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dave9252

Hopefully this works Lyle.. Managed to get them on line so heres the links.. http://youtu.be/CeXJZp4lBzE
http://youtu.be/B_Oi0CejTig

Dave Shepard

Where do I sign up for a free working edger? :D That will save you a ton of time. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

lyle niemi

The edger is ready to go outside and go to work, that's if it ever quit's raining. Man oh man its wet up here, Dang near 10 days of rain, Isa gettin CRANKY!

mesquite buckeye

Good job, dude. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Peter Drouin

NOW thats nice, good job
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!