iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking's remote throttle controller

Started by red pine, June 08, 2013, 09:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red pine

Just installed the remote deck switched controller and love it. (Removed my lawn mower controller I had devised). Expect to save fuel at $1.27 per liter. (that converts to $4.81 per U.S. gal.) 8)

ladylake

Good going , every mill with a stationary command post needs a remote throttle.  I'd never mill without one.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

xlogger

I put one on my TK with help from Steve. One of the best things I've done with it. Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

ladylake

It's good to see TK was listening as remote throttle comes standard now on the TK 2000.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

Good for you Red Pine.  Probably the most useful mod you can do.  Here's your next project ;D:

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

ladylake

Paul
Looks like you've been busy  Steve

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

red pine

Ga Mtn Man
Where did you get that throttle switch? Does it actually work as per the written functions? i.e. off, run, etc. I assume it also controls engine speed. By the way I placed my switch in an identical location rather than at bottom of the red electronic box recommended by TK.
Did you use a similiar control/actuator for the choke?

Will_Johnson

Here's to customer feed-back and ingenuity!

Note that as mentioned remote throttle now comes standard with the standard swing command post on all TK 2000 mills. Remote choke and remote start are also available options now.

Nomad

Quote from: Will_Johnson on June 10, 2013, 09:40:54 AM

Note that as mentioned remote throttle now comes standard with the standard swing command post on all TK 2000 mills. Remote choke and remote start are also available options now.

I may not run a TK, but I REALLY like seeing a manufacturer give kudos to customers for thinking "outside the box." 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: red pine on June 10, 2013, 08:52:30 AM

Ga Mtn Man
Where did you get that throttle switch? Does it actually work as per the written functions? i.e. off, run, etc. I assume it also controls engine speed. By the way I placed my switch in an identical location rather than at bottom of the red electronic box recommended by TK.
Did you use a similiar control/actuator for the choke?

That's just the key switch taken off the engine.  Yes, OFF-RUN-START work as indicated.    The throttle switch is mounted on the left side of the setworks box.  I used a solenoid for the choke.  You can see it in the pic in "Essential TK Mods" thread. 

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: Will_Johnson on June 10, 2013, 09:40:54 AM

Here's to manufacturers listening to their customers! smiley_operator

Thank You Sponsors!