iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Dad

Started by moosehunter, June 04, 2013, 07:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

My Dad passed away Saturday. I miss him already.
Thank you ellmoe for your help getting Dad some steps for his camper in Florida last winter. I could not get there to build them and he did not fall again with his new steps.

Grover, Dale Sherman

Newfield: Dale Sherman Grover, 78, of Newfield, NY, passed away peacefully at Hospicare of Ithaca, with his family by his side. Dale was born May 23, 1935 in Sayre, PA to the late Ruth and Sherman Grover. He was predeceased by his mother, Ruth; father, Sherman; stepfather, Arthur Eastham; and his two brothers, Bradley and Buckley Grover; and his traveling companion, Sandy Boyce. Dale is survived by his loving companion, Laura Finlay of Massachusetts; sister, Bonnie Northrup of Nevada; daughter, Kim Grover (Adam Slate) of Charlottesville, VA; son, Michael Grover (Sandy) of Newfield NY; stepson, David Cook of Elmira NY; and five grandchildren. Dale graduated from Van Etten High School in 1952. He enlisted in the US Navy two years later and was stationed on the USS Tringa Submarine Rescue Ship. Dale served 21 years as an officer in the Ithaca Police Department and then 8 years driving charter bus for Swarthout and Ferris in Ithaca. In both police work and bus driving, Dale took great pleasure in making friends with the people he met. Dale was involved in many organizations, including the Elks, Moose, Masons, and Eastern Star. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, archery, and was a big fan of college and pro football. He was an avid traveler and spent much his retirement seeing the country. Dale's sense of humor, love, big hugs, and generosity of spirit will be sorely missed by all that knew him. Services will be held at the United Methodist Church in Newfield, NY with calling hours from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and memorial service at 12:00. Committal to be held at 3:00 p.m. at Greensprings Natural Cemetery on Irish Hill Road, Newfield, NY. In lieu of flowers, the family asks for donations be made in Dale's honor to Hospicare, 172 King Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850. Arrangements are by the Bangs Funeral Home.

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bibbyman

Condolences on your loss.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Raider Bill

Sorry for your loss. Losing your Father is tough.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

I offer my Condolences to you and your family during this sad time. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Dear moosehunter, sorry for your loss, your father sounded like he was a good man and friend, ours thoughts and prayers go out to your family,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

My condolences to you and your family Moosehunter!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chris Burchfield

I'm sorry Moosehunter, kneemail just went up for you and your family.  Lost my dad in 1998 after a 9 month battle with cancer.  I still miss him but, I talk to him at times.  I tell him to tell everyone else up there I said hi!
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

clww

I am very saddened t learn of your Father's passing. Our prayers are with your family.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

justallan1

I am very sorry for your loss, Moosehunter.

Jim_Rogers

Sorry for your loss.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jeff

Sorry to hear this Mike.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

My thoughts are with you.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

Thanks to all.
When Dad was getting ready to go to Hospicare , his biggest concern was that no one would come see him. The nurses told me after he was gone that they had not had a resident that they could remember get more visitors than Dad did.
He did not know the term "stranger", they were just friends that he had not met yet.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Roger2561

Prayers and condolences for you and your family.

Roger
Roger

beenthere

May he rest in peace.

Still miss my Dad, and it has been 10 years since his passing. Still think about picking up the phone on Sunday afternoons to give him a call and talk a bit. He never was one to talk more than a few words.

Enjoy the memories.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

Condolences, my dad passed in 1976, I still miss him, but think more of him as he was, not as he is.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ernie

Sorry for your loss
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

mesquite buckeye

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great guy and a great dad. :'(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

york

Mike,i am sorry for your loss.....

Albert
Albert

WmFritz

I'm sorry too for the loss of your father.
Thanks for posting his obit. It was very well written, thoughtful and gave us a glimpse at the good man that he was.  God bless him.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ely

sad news for sure, after reading the posting im sad too....for not being able to know your dad. great guy indeed. prayers to your family.

Roxie

A Dad is a hard one to lose.  You have my sincere sympathy. 
Say when

customsawyer

So sorry for your loss.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Very sorry to hear this news.  It is very rough losing your Dad. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!