iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lombard goes for a ride!!

Started by loggah, June 03, 2013, 08:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Russ Gilman and his family have a  tractor show next Sunday, and Russ being  in his 80,s i decided to take the log hauler to the show.Russ's father was a walking boss for the Parker-Young co,and later Franconia paper co. in Lincoln N.H.,they had at one time 8 gasoline Lombard tractors, and Russ has been interested in them since he played in them when he was a young boy starting high school. I grabbed one of my brothers"TOP NOTCH" log trucks and tag along and  hauled the Lombard  to Russ's house Sunday,heres a few pictures as i left the house,i had to haul the tractor up rt 49 toward Waterville, the last Lombard on that road was hauling wood out of Waterville about 85 years ago!! ;D ;D ;D Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Mooseherder

You're going to make his day.  8)
Looks like you'll have some fun also. ;D

loggah

He was pretty happy when i showed up!! ;D got him to remember a few old stories. Russ said as a rule he generally dont allow any of the tractors to be run ,just displayed for safety purposes, but he would make an exception in my case!! He said people will want to hear the Lombard "RUN" !! ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

woodandtractors

Don-Thanks for the effort in getting the Lombard up and running again! Looking forward to hearing the beast run!
Mike
Still plays with tractors-IH of course!

beenthere

Looks like a great time a comin.

Question..... I assume it is a hand crank job. ??
If not, a pony engine but likely too old for that.

A video posted onto YouTube would be a great tribute to hear and see her running, if that is at all possible. The chances of recording such an event may not come around again. Hopefully not, but could happen.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

loggah

It actually has a leece Neville 12 volt electric starter, along with a hand crank. ;D not sure about the starter but the generator is serial no.115  :D There is a short video of it running a few years back ,before i rebuilt the cab.i posted it in the Lombard maintenance thread.I'm pretty sure there willbe some video cameras at the show. Mike your a IH guy , you going to a mostly AC show?? ;D Don

ayerwood

That is really cool!!!  Wish I was closer to come see it.  Thanks for the pics.

thecfarm

What town will the show be in?  I have not been to a tractor show for years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

Its in Thornton ,about the center of N.H. , just a small show at the the Gilman family  home,usually around 50 tractors there, and a few antique cars.

loggah

Well heres a few pictures of the show, i know a lot of people on here like "ORANGE" !! ;D ;D it was the only day it didn't rain in a week. Don

sprucebunny

Very Cool to get the Lombard going  8) 8)

I see someone brought a Muskeg and parked next to you  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

loggah

Yup, and behind me was a tucker snowcat!! years ago Russ was the maintenance supervisor at Waterville Valley ski area and he worked on them Bombardiers and Tuckers plenty,I worked there also and the machine next to my Lombard was one i used to work on!!!! ;D ;D my first thought was oh no not that thing again !!!!! ;D ;D nothing like changing an inside flat on those old Muskeags !! Don

Corley5

8) 8)  I see a WC grader in the top pic  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

loggah

There were two of those graders there, they are built pretty stout for a tractor conversion.i have a old huber m-52 grader and i think the ac,s are built heavier. Don

justallan1

Great pictures, Don. Thanks for giving some a chance to see these things again and people like myself a chance to see them a first time.

Allan

thecfarm

Corley,you sure can see well.  ;D  I like them tractor conversions. They are the thing of the past. I'm a Ford Man and I really like to see them kits. I saw a Ford kit grader ,maybe a 50's model,parked beside a long driveway once. I was working and it could not of been no more than an hour from the house. I was going to go back to look at it on my day off. But life got in the way and never made it back.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!