iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill Shed Finally Done

Started by tgalbraith, June 03, 2013, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgalbraith

Well, I finally got my mill out of the weather. I will try to give you a blow by blow report. (just goofed the last one up)

Got my posts set, 6x6 pressure treated, set below frost line.

Here is the detail of the beam extension I made, to clear my log deck. The main headers are "engineered" floor joists.

Here, the rafters and bracing are  installed.

--Stringers on --

Tin on--

The finished product.  I still would like to run electric to it. 8) 8)
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Happy for you!  looks great!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

downsouth

NICE!! Looks good. How long of a span is that? I started my sawshed a few months back. Got some red dirt, got it all spread, and that's as far as I got. I need to figure something for a 20' span for the log deck.
I would say absolutely run electric out there.
     Good job.

hardtailjohn

I like it!! The engineered beams give it an interesting look! Looks like a nice Oliver there too???
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

cutterboy

Good job! Looks great! Now you can saw in the shade and the rain.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

customsawyer

Having shelter is a nice thing.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Holmes

Nicely done. A little improvising can go a long way.
Think like a farmer.

bandmiller2

Good job mate, a mill worth owning is a mill worth a roof. Does old Ollie have the moxie in hardwood.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Well, lookit you go.  I'm jealous.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

captain_crunch

Bellsaw lovers need more Pics
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

tgalbraith

Quote from: bandmiller2 on June 03, 2013, 08:53:00 PM
Good job mate, a mill worth owning is a mill worth a roof. Does old Ollie have the moxie in hardwood.?? Frank C.
I think it will take anything the mill will handle. Have,nt hit anything yet that kicks the governor in.

tgalbraith

Quote from: downsouth on June 03, 2013, 01:45:12 PM
NICE!! Looks good. How long of a span is that? I started my sawshed a few months back. Got some red dirt, got it all spread, and that's as far as I got. I need to figure something for a 20' span for the log deck.
I would say absolutely run electric out there.
     Good job.
My whole shed roof is only 24' and the normal spans are 12'. I extended the length at my log deck by 3' so that is 15'. My mill will only cut 12 footers, maybe could squeeze on a 14, but I would be producing sawdust before I got it dogged.

Thank You Sponsors!