iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Into the Nice wood

Started by jwilly3879, June 02, 2013, 05:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

Now cutting some nice big pine.

(2) 12 footers and (2) 10 footers scaled at 1585 bf international. Wish we had 10 more acres of these.

The 240 didn't want anymore on this hitch.

Peter Drouin

Yes I could saw some nice lumber out of that wood
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

Yup, nice wood !!!!!! hows the old Barko working?? i had a old 225  about 15 years ago i could heel that pine with mine, great old cranes !!!mine had the cab that folded down hydraulicly so it would road legal when i moved it ,had it mounted on a steel nose DM 600 mack,they were tough old units. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Dave Shepard

With trim, that's 46'.  8) Where were you last summer?  :D You guys are hoarding all the good pine over there in the Adirondacks.  :snowball: ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

jwilly3879

For being 40 years old the Barko runs great. Last year one of the blower drive bolts backed out and went through the timing gears so the 353 got a rebuild and while it was down we rebushed the jib/boom pivot. My son runs a 495 during the week so he is spoiled and I get to run the 160A, its old and slow like me. It's amazing what it will pick but the swing pump is getting tired so it rotates pretty slow with a big log. 800bf is no problem to move and stack. The cab is a manual tilt.

46'+ 23" at the small end, first and second logs both 27" and clear 3 faces. We were an adjoining section last summer, the property is 478 acres total with about 60 acres of marsh and pond, mostly pine with some mixed hard wood, oak at the higher sections and a little hemlock and fir for good measure.

I heard all the good pine are in NH.

loggah

There is still a few big ones left !! ;D

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Dave Shepard

I don't know,  yours sound good 'nuff. :D I haven't had to cut any timbers over 47' yet.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!