iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer 2013 Personal Best

Started by Magicman, June 02, 2013, 07:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Thanks for the kind words.

I ordered $1800 worth of upgrades today.  An Auto Clutch and 3 Fine Adjust Outriggers.  This will give me all six of the FAO's.  They are a real time saver when setting up on uneven ground.  No more digging holes.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

julio

If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

Brucer

Congratulations!

I'm sure you will love the autoclutch. Just a couple of little things to watch out for.

• Video-game players thumb. Expect your left thumb to cramp up around day 3. Don't worry too much, though. It passes quickly ;D.
  • Customers giving you funny looks when you lift your right hand and wave it around a bit just before you flip the autoclutch switch :D.

You can practice ahead of time. Rest your left thumb on the control panel. Before you approach a cut, flick your left thumb up as you pull down on the clutch handle; then move it slightly to the right and keep on lifting it to turn on the debarker. Then pull it to the left to swing the debarker into the log. Makes a nice, efficient circular motion. It won't prevent problem # 2, however :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

barbender

I'm really happy to hear you won, Magicman. It's about time you got that auto clutch ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Nomad

You're going to like that autoclutch a lot.  First thing I did to my mill was change all the outriggers to FAOs.  I love 'em.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

schakey

smiley_applause
You very well deserve the win. We are all very happy for you.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Jemclimber

lt15

wwsjr

Congratulations Lynn, well deserved.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Chuck White

Congratulations on the win, Lynn, also good opportunity to invest in the upgrades you mentioned!

8)  8)  8)  8)  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

downsouth

justallan1

Congrats Lynn.
I've read through a couple of your projects on here and the word "karma" comes to mind. When you do good things, it has a way of coming back to you.

Allan

moosehunter

Congrats Lynn, could not happen to a better guy!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

grweldon

What he says above!  Couldn't happen to a more deserving man either!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

SawyerBrown

Congrats MagicMan!  Ya done made us all proud!

Pete
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

submarinesailor

OUTSTANDING Lynn!!!!!  I only voted a few time for you, ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) unlike those people from Acorn in Chicago. >:( :( :o >:( :( :o >:( :( :o >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ::)

Bruce

John S

Congratulations, MM, I have not seen those FAO's in action, any videos out there?
John
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Magicman

Thanks.  I do not know about videos, but I do know that the ease of sawmill setup is vastly improved and speeded up.  Also during sawing if the outriggers gradually sink, which is very normal for us, just a quick twist and it is carrying it's load again.  I am really looking forward to having all six.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kingcha

a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Barney II

A well deserved win-----congrats Lynn
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

Bandmill Bandit

Congrats on a great project first and foremost and on the win that you got as a result. What you and your friends gave is worth far more than what you won and that what makes the win worth so much more.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

mesquite buckeye

Belated congratulations, Lynn.

My father in law grew up in War, WV during the last depression. A very tough place. Your gift was appreciated, I'm sure.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

OlJarhead

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Thank You Sponsors!