iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Komatsu made my decision easier today..

Started by CTL logger, May 30, 2013, 09:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

When the front idler seized up on my     430 fxl I ordered a new one from Anderson equipment best they could do was 2800. I talked to a factory rep from Komatsu see if they could give me a little help on the price I didn't ask for a free part just a little help on price. After almost a week I got the answer no help even though my machine has 4400 hrs on it they say they haven't had enough issues to warrant any help. Although the rep did say if it was timbco or valmet that still owned it they would have helped me out, he would know he worked for all past and present owners. I know when I replace that machine in a few years it will be a tigercat or timberpro machine. The only thing Komatsu changed from when timbco built the same machine is the undercarriage, I had twice as many hours on my old timbco built machine and I never did anything to that undercarriage.

newstick

Wait until a final drive goes out then you realy will want a Timberpro. ;) (alot different than the old timbcos). Some friends of mine just ordered a new timberpro to replace their Timbco. There are a few around here and getting good reviews.
Im am owner operator of Newberg Forest Products.We are a convental logging company with a Timbco feller buncher, two John Deere skidders , a strokeboom delimber, and a Serco log loader with circle slasher saw.
In the summer time my other company builds Handcrafted Log Homes. I love the woods!

deastman

I havnt been hearing anything good about Anderson since they bought out Hazelton up here, although they had a pile of Komatsu iron at the logger's show. Not sure how their buying the Oliver Stores has affected their forestry sales and service.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

CTL logger

I think Anderson/ Komatsu stinks in general I'm not regretting buying a Timberpro forwarder now I almost bought an 860 Komatsu sure glad I didn't.

1270d

Valmet/komatsu forwarders are known to be excellent machines but if the service support is poor in your area it hard to buy one.

Thank You Sponsors!