iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Autine Tools-Forestry Forum Support Auction Forest Axe #2 plus DVD

Started by Jeff, May 30, 2013, 07:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Thank you John Neeman and Autine Tools for your support of the Forestry Forum! :)

This auction is for the Forest Axe #2. This is the very same axe that is created in John's video on how to make an axe. If you win this auction, we will include a DVD of the video of the making of your axe!

AUCTION LINK:
https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=support

Link for more information on these support auctions:

Pay it forward Auctions
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,66718.0.html

Happy Bidding and good luck!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isaacpopp

:D $110 to $300 in one fell swoop.

I was wondering if the dimensions and weight of the axes was posted somewhere.
I don't remember seeing it.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." A.L.

JohnNeeman

Quote from: isaacpopp on May 31, 2013, 12:34:19 AM

Hi, the dimensions:
Overall length: (26") 660 mm
Weight: (3,5 lbs) 1590 g
Cutting edge: (5") 127 mm
Hardness: 59-60 (HRC)
Handle material: elm

thecfarm

HSI?? Must be in hiding.  ;D  He is going for the GOLD.  ;D  Or I should say axe. Have fun you all. I will be watching.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isaacpopp

Quote from: JohnNeeman on May 31, 2013, 04:22:44 AM
Quote from: isaacpopp on May 31, 2013, 12:34:19 AM

Hi, the dimensions:
Overall length: (26") 660 mm
Weight: (3,5 lbs) 1590 g
Cutting edge: (5") 127 mm
Hardness: 59-60 (HRC)
Handle material: elm

Thanks John.
You do beautiful work!
Makes me wanna get back in the forge.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." A.L.

Piston

I wonder if this axe will bring in as much as the first one! ;D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Warbird

It's cool that this is the axe actually being forged in that video.

doctorb

Are the dimensions of this axe the same as the first one auctioned and/or the same as the last of the three yet to be auctioned?

Great video.  Absolutely beautiful work.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

beenthere

I understood this is one of the three to be auctioned. Unless I mis-understood.  ;D

Here is link to the beginning
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,66718.0.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

I believe the first axe was the largest.  This one is the middle-sized axe and the last one is more of a hatchet size.  This is based on one of the pics I saw Jeff had posted.  Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong?

isaacpopp

scsmith42

Now that would be a very sweet tool to own!

FYI, I'm bidding for MYSELF this time.....     :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Rooster

Quote from: scsmith42 on June 05, 2013, 08:45:18 AM
Now that would be a very sweet tool to own!

FYI, I'm bidding for MYSELF this time.....     :D

Look out for ol' Scott "Money Bags" Smith!   :D

Go Get'em Scott!

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Magicman

This should be interesting to watch this evening.  Mouth vs Money.     ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

It is the "Forestry Forum Support Auction" and the axe is the prize for the winner.
8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tee

Magicman

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Tee

beenthere

Congrats to RedClayHound. 8)

Whoops!
When I looked and it was listed as Closed, I figured that is what it meant.  ::)

Off the radar screen now, so I guess that really means Closed
south central Wisconsin

Red Clay Hound

I'm done.  Tee, you own an axe, unless someone else wants to jump in in the next 3 minutes. :) :) :)
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Warbird

doctorb

Mooseherder

Red Clay Hound

Congrats Tee!  Jeff, do I get a commission on that extra $120 I was able to get out of him?   ;D
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Tee

I ate way too much ice cream in that process. Magic, I remember you saying you really wanted the hatchet. Get ready!!

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Red Clay Hound

I think Dodgy wants that hatchet too.  Might get interesting! popcorn_smiley

Tee

Quote from: Red Clay Hound on June 06, 2013, 08:42:20 PM
Congrats Tee!  Jeff, do I get a commission on that extra $120 I was able to get out of him?   ;D

Thanks! Good luck with that commission!

Tee

Quote from: Red Clay Hound on June 06, 2013, 08:47:04 PM
I think Dodgy wants that hatchet too.  Might get interesting! popcorn_smiley

I'll go stock up on ice cream. They may be all talk. I mean really! I saw WD-40 on that pic of Magics he had to use to open that wallet for a picture.

Red Clay Hound

You never know.  It might turn into a real Mississippi throw-down! :D

WDH

I want the hatchet, too, but probably not as bad as Dodgy.  The good thing is that I have more money than he does  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tee

Quote from: WDH on June 06, 2013, 09:28:31 PM
I want the hatchet, too, but probably not as bad as Dodgy.  The good thing is that I have more money than he does  :D.

Holy crap!! This whole Mississippi things already getting nasty! Come on MM Tell e'm how it's gonna be.

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: WDH on June 06, 2013, 09:28:31 PM

Yep, the odds are stacked against us young guys :-\
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Magicman

Congratulations Tee.

Our youngest Grandson's last baseball game started at 7:00, so we had to leave.   :-\

Magicman

I am gonna saw those Cherry logs for Dodgy, so he will have less money and I will have more.  Bring it on.  ;D

Jeff

Congrats to the winner. I'm out of town with only my phone until tomorrow, so no access to my regular email, so I can't respond on the auction until later, but agin, thank you to everyone that participated.

When do ya'll want me to start the hatchet auction? :)

Dodgy Loner

Magic- if you don't saw my logs soon I am gonna spend my sawing money on a hatchet. And then I will just have to hack my logs into lumber  ;D

Magicman

doctorb

Warning - Warning

Doctorb is throwing his hatchet into the ring on the next auction.

Warning - Warning

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I doubt that we can take "Sawbones" seriously.  He will be fishing.   :D

doctorb

Good call, Magic.  It would be a lot cheaper to go fishing, and, given the choice........ ;D

sandhills

Doc, I bet you could fillet those fish with that hatchet though.......

doctorb

I am absolutely positive I can do that.  Nice thought, sandhills, filleting with my new hatchet.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: doctorb on June 07, 2013, 10:00:56 AM
I am absolutely positive I can do that.  Nice thought, sandhills, filleting with my new hatchet.

Filleting fish is ok......but imagine Doc bringing the Hatchet to the examining room.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tee

Poston; what's that thing beside your age? Is it your B-day?

Magicman

Yes Tee, Jeff bakes everyone a cake or cookies on their Birthday.   :)

Look toward the bottom of the index page at the Upcoming Calender.  The members listed first in bold letters have birthdays today.  Also scroll your mouse pointer around those areas.  You will find several links to interesting stuff.   ;D

doctorb

David, there have been times, not many mind you, but there have been times when I would have loved to have that hatchet in my examining room. :o :o :D :D  the thought makes me want to bid even more for it :D

Jeff

doctorb

WDH

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Bring on the hatchet  >>>>8>.

Mooseherder

Tee

I've about hatchet with all the talk. Bring it on and let's see what that Mississippi mafia has got.

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!