iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank You Veterans

Started by tmills, May 26, 2013, 08:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmills

just wanted to say thanks to all the veterans out there, and those who are still serving our country. special thanks to those who have lost family members fighting for our freedom. thoughts and prayers are with you.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Yes,I want to thanks all Veterans that are serving now and the past ones too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

You're welcome, and I want to say thanks also!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Po-Jo

I was kinda CURIOUS  as to who here on this forum is veterans? Me I was Air Force from 86-90, and I would say where i work 90% of the people i work with are veterans

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Andy White

Thanks to all of you for the sacrifices.
USMC 1970/1974
For all Americans!!!            Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

beenthere

In memory for those who gave their lives, and with great respect for those veterans who hold the scars of some real bad times, all for their country. And not just our country, but all of those around the world.

Introduced a WWII vet in Church this morning. I've known the gentleman and had many conversations with him. Turns out, he was in the Navy in the Normandy invasion, and his ship hit land mines in the stern. Most able men moved to the bow when they struck another land mine in the bow. The ship was disabled. Rescuers passed him by because he wasn't moving, but found him a day later still alive. Nursed him back, but he lost both legs below the knees. Now been married for 67 years, never misses Church, and never complains about a thing. Always smiling as he walks on two artificial legs. Such a man!!

My son-in-laws father is with us in Church as well, and he was in WWII in Italy. They came in on the beach and were pinned down by sniper fire for many days. One day, a sniper bullet took out his buddy which was very tough to take. Later, he learned that his billfold that was in his left breast pocket and held his dog tag, had a bullet hole in it that bent his dog tag. He is thinking that he took the bullet first and it glanced over to kill his buddy. Tough memories but he does tell that story as he feels honored to be alive.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mmartone

x2 or whatever number we are on! Thanks for your service and sacrifice!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

wesdor

Another thanks to all who have served and especially those currently serving.   I was in the Army during Vietnam. Thankfully stayed in the USA.

Have been working with high schools on Illinois (15 total) who are interviewing WWII veterans. We are trying to get as many videos completed before we lose these veterans. All are in their late 80s or older.

tgalbraith

air_plane smiley_applause
A big thank you to all veterans, past and present.
"All gave some, some gave all!!"
We would not be here without you.
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

orion388

USN 1979-1987
Proud to have served!
LT35HD, Kubota L4330, Stihl 361, 026, Massey Fersuson 55, Ventrac, Grasshopper, Small dumptruck and a huge yearning for knowledge from this forum.

Magicman

Thank you Veterans however and where ever you served.  Especially to those that gave all.

I was honored to serve as the Flag Bearer in Church yesterday morning.  It was very touching.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chris Burchfield

Thank you to all those who have and are serving.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Chuck White

US Air Force - April 1968 - April 1989.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Nomad

You're most welcome.
     USN  1973-1996
     DOD Contractor 1996-2011
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pasbonbasile

I too would like to thank all the veterans and current armed forces people for allowing me to have the honor of living in a safe place and the freedom that i enjoy as a result of your service and sacrafices. Thanks to you and your families.
thirteen- tractors, one combine, no mill yet. Looking for one. Used -to have a wm lt4hdg25
Update 9-27-15 now have WM LT40 Super Hyd. used (1996) but back into sawing. Mostly pine and oak.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

You're welcome.

USN 1969 - 1989
DoD Contractor 1991 - 2002, 2003 - Present

Herb (Henry) Cumbie, EMC (SW) USN Ret

justallan1

I'd like to thank all of our service men and women for the freedoms that we have today.
In my home town there was an old bearded guy with a big old dog that was the nicest guy ever, he was just known as "Bill". He didn't work, but he showed up for every little league game, every parade and every town function.
There was another lifer in the same town that was thought to be more than a bit crazy. He would wear a military uniform from a war that obviously predated him and walk through town beating on a drum or wear some whacky outfit that seemed fit for his mood and stand on the corner waving at every car that came by, just trying to make people smile. The more horn honking he heard the more animated he got. Both of these gentlemen were loved by everyone and welcome anywhere at any time.
Then there was Odie. He owned a camp trailer and a station wagon and had no family that anyone knew of. He would load up the car with people and take us to the river or swimming pool and would make sure that we had food at home, which he always had boxes full of in the station wagon. Some people shied away from Odie and suggested that we never got into his car alone.
A lot of people got a big eye opener when these men passed. All 3 had served in the military and came home affected by it in one way or another. It turned out that Odie lived on a small check that he spent feeding the needy and was the only way to the doctors office  for a lot of the elderly.
Sorry for the long post, but they deserve it.

Allan

Alyeska Pete

Army, Vietnam '66-'67. It's the bad days that make you appreciate the good ones.

Tee

Wanted to add to the list of those saying thank you to all veterans and active along with your families.

SawyerBrown

Me three.  Thank you veterans!  You have my deepest respect and appreciation!

A few years ago my wife and I visited Omaha Beach in northern France, and the cemeteries there.  Extremely moving experience.  Not only the cemeteries, but what I remember even more vividly is the huge expanse of beach that had to be taken, miles (it seemed) long and extremely wide, leading up to cliffs on "higher ground".  The bravery of the men that took that beach (and others) is something I can't even fathom.  My dad was Army, but fortunately he was just young enough to see active duty only at the very tail end of WW II ...

I also know lots of Vietnam vets.  Too often we say thanks to the WW vets, but I think we owe our gratitude to ALL vets!!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Barney II

Fort Leonard Wood 1959---17 years old and greener than grass----but had fun all during basic 8) 8)  lol
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

hamish

Quote from: SawyerBrown on May 27, 2013, 04:31:26 PM
Too often we say thanks to the WW vets, but I think we owe our gratitude to ALL vets!!

Very good point.  A veteran is a veteran, regardless.  There are many eighteen and twenty year olds (and all of those from current conflicts) walking amungst us that deserve the same level of respect.

Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Magicman

Yup, there were many of us that turned 18 wearing a uniform and there was no party.

Slingshot

Army--1957-1959. I was drafted but missed the Korea and Vietnam wars.
     I spent 18 months in Germany during the cold war.
  I had two older brothers (twins) in the Army during the Korean war. One was on the
  front lines as a Medic, picking up and transporting wounded. He drove what
  they called a Litter Jeep. The other brother served his time in Georgia in a National
  Guard unit. I think there was a policy of some kind that kept twins from both
  going to war at the same time.

Here is a card I sent to my Girl Friend from Germany, (We had sort of made  plans to get married when I
came home).I found the poem in a publication and added the picture of me sitting on the tail end
of a 155 Howitzer.

jueston

Quote from: Barney II on May 27, 2013, 07:40:44 PM
Fort Leonard Wood 1959---17 years old and greener than grass----but had fun all during basic 8) 8)  lol

i was at FLW in 2005 18 years old and just as green... i weighed 125lbs soaking when i started basic... it was fun looking back, but at the time it didn't seem so fun...  :D

pineywoods

U S army Signal corps 1955-1958 mostly in Germany
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

RedLeg

US Army, Lieutenant Colonel, Field Artillery 24 years (1982-2006)
Leif
Retired U.S. Army
2010 Lumber Smith Elite and Track Kit
Shopsmith Mark 7 PowerPro

downsouth

1991-1995 USN
Aircrew survival equiptment man
Also know as a "PR" (parachute rigger)
  NAS Jax, Jacksonville,FL. and
CV-67 USS John F. Kennedy
I turned 19 in boot camp. When My son was born we were in France. He was 5 months old when I got back to the states.

My dad was drafted in the army in '67 went to Vietnam '67-'68 he was 18 years old fresh out of high school. He has lots of stories some good some not so good. Thanks to him and all the rest

tjhammer

1961 -1966 usaf

crewchief 124 flew MATS tdy everywhere

tj
hammer

lowpolyjoe

Missed this thread yesterday. 

Many thanks to all the Veterans.

I value my Country and my Freedom and respect and admire those who protect it.

clww

Quote from: downsouth on May 28, 2013, 09:23:17 AM
1991-1995 USN
Aircrew survival equiptment man
Also know as a "PR" (parachute rigger)
  NAS Jax, Jacksonville,FL. and
CV-67 USS John F. Kennedy
I turned 19 in boot camp. When My son was born we were in France. He was 5 months old when I got back to the states.

My dad was drafted in the army in '67 went to Vietnam '67-'68 he was 18 years old fresh out of high school. He has lots of stories some good some not so good. Thanks to him and all the rest
I was on the JFK's 92-93 Med Cruise in VF-14 TAD to S-11. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Cityarb

Wow! After reading these posts, and with tears in my eyes, Thank You!

Thank You Sponsors!